Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your New Year's Resolution?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking What Was Your New Year's Resolution?

I've been thinking about my New Year's resolutions and where I stand with them and was wondering how everyone else is doing with theirs.

My resolutions this year are:

1. To choose happiness as often as possible - a real test today when I had someone call me 2 hours straight with a fax to my phone line and had to pick up the next ring sounding pleasant and not harrassed, but I did it! Now, for tomorrow.

2. To be more proactive in my health care - I found a new dermatologist today. I've been putting off going to a new one for months b/c I always dread having to explain the whole situation to a new doc and deal with that look like I am telling the world's worst fairytale, but today I set my mind to it and did a little research. There's a program for one of my AI diseases (Sarcoidosis) at a hospital in NYC, which is 20 miles from here, and I looked real hard and found a dermatologist who did his fellowship there and who practices in the town between home and work so I made and appointment to get these rashes looked at. I want to try to get them to stop spreading and really hope that his fellowship experience has provided him with some knowledge on my disease (something I find most of my doctors do not have any or much of).

3. To lose weight. - Over the last 2 years I lost about 22% of my BMI. Then I got really sick with a flare last May and couldn't stick to my excersize or diet routines and lost a lot more weight from the flare and then this past fall I have gained some back after I started feeling better. I am feeling good right now so I am back to dancing on Tuesday nights and I have a new membership at the gym that is set to open this month in my town so I can go on their treadmills and walk and hopefully do some eliptical and I am back to walking my pound puppies on Fridays again. I just need some more motivation, which I find so hard at this time of year, but my pants that have gotten tighter are really beginning to give it to me. I refuse to buy another size up since I just gave them all away.

4.To be better all around. Spiritually, mentally, physically. To be a better daughter / sister / friend / cousin / niece / aunt / coworker / whatever. To listen more and talk less when conversating. To do more for my community. To be better to myself and my God. This is actually part of what I pray for every night and I think that since I have started doing so, I can see ways that I have improved. This is a constant revolving resolution to me since I think humankind can all strive to be better than we already are and I think that starts with me doing my part.

Do you guys make resolutions? What did you resolve this year and how are you doing on day 4?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Mine is pretty simple-

To stay on the green side of the grass for another year, to endure the bad days, and to enjoy the good ones fully. Anything more complicated would most likely fall prey to brain fog.
    So far, so good!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You go girl! Although...I think you're a bit harsh on yourself about the not listening well...I beg to differ, you have no listening problems that I can see. Maybe you should add be less hard on yourself too...you're a peach of a person, Miss Sandy.

I started mine early because if I pick a date, something will foul things up for sure. lol. I lost about five pounds and I'd like to lose 15 more...it's slow but it's progress. I'm working hard on keeping things written down better so I don't forget so badly. I'm also working on being very difficult to upset. Oh the list is longggg.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Because I lost my thyroid in my 20's, my weight went out of control. I got an Itouch for Christmas and downloaded the app called LoseIt. I started at 235 ten years ago. I hit a plateau and for the past 2 years I've been stuck there.
    This is the year!!!
    I will breach the plateau!

Wish me Luck, I'll need it. I love to eat.
    Enjoying Life leads to happiness, Happiness and laughter is the good medicine to heal.

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I plan to get back on my diet. Get organized. Keep better heath records. Spend a lot of time with my Mom while she still remember me. Work on our house because we may move to My Moms. Come to WHL more. etc.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am afraid to make any, as I have never been able to keep even one. Sad isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkofWtr View Post
    I am afraid to make any, as I have never been able to keep even one. Sad isn't it?
    You can't keep one if you don't make one, silly! It took me a long time to realize that defining my resolutions by absolutes was a sure-fired way to set myself up to expect disaster. I had to learn that, for me, resolutions are flexible. If I don't remember to keep one today (and I didn't since I didn't remember to make my breakfast) then there is always tomorrow to help me catch up and make up for it. Make a baby resolution (one for the week or the month) and keep renewing as long as possible. Sooner or later, one of them will reach a year.

"I think you're a bit harsh on yourself about the not listening well...I beg to differ, you have no listening problems that I can see. Maybe you should add be less hard on yourself too...you're a peach of a person, Miss Sandy"
    Thanks, Leslie! You are very sweet. I think that this is something that I have gotten better with over time, but now, with more foggy head then before, I am finding it harder to simply stay in the conversation at times. I hear them, but I am not always listening to what I am hearing. My mind just seems to wander into it's own little world and lose focus of what I am listening for a second or two. Long enough that I know I missed something but usually short enough that the other person doesn't realize. I have to admit, this is definately one of my recycled resolutions.

Rob - Those reasons are the reasons for my #1. I didn't appreciate the good days often enough when they were plentiful. I find that they come around more often when I feel better mentally so I am picking happiness. Enough of my energy goes into feeling better/resting up when I don't feel well that I don't want to waste extra energy with negative energy any more.

Wrighters & Nonna & Abbas - THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!! We can do it! One pound/stone/kilo/whatever at a time.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sandy....((((((hugs)))))) That's not your fault honey. That's the brain fog's fault.

I'm not sweet...just sayin it like it is...you're a peach of a person and I'm glad to know you.

Thanks

I have to say ditto to Rob's resolution...think that is a great one!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I forgot I was supposed to have one - so I have none. It feels great!