Thread: Sjogren's Syndrome National Patient Conference in San Francisco, CA

Thanks

Default Sjogren's Syndrome National Patient Conference in San Francisco, CA

Because so many of us Lupies also suffer from Sjogren's Syndrome, I thought you might be interested in attending the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation's 2010 National Patient Conference to be held in beautiful San Francisco, CA, April 9-10, 2010. More information is available on their website www.sjogrens.org or PM me.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You for posting the information. I wish that I could go, but we are going to be in San Diego on those days. Are you going to attend?

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Yes, I will be attending and oh, how I wish you could attend, Saysusie, so that we could meet!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

So do I....but since San Diego is already paid for, I don't think that I can change it
    Will you update us with information that is provided?

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I live very close to San Francisco, so I'm going to look into attending. I consider the Sjogren's a minor nuisance compared with the joint pain, but this would be a great chance to learn more and find out about good docs in the San Francisco area. Maybe we can meet up!
    Hey Scubagramplit - how about you? You live in shouting distance of SF!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi BonusMom,
    I checked the site, but it seems that they don't have the registration materials up yet. I guess that they are still concentrating on the Tampa seminar. I want to register as soon as it shows up on the site. I told Jeff that I'll leave him home to study that weekend. I'll take the Monterey Airbus up there and stay overnight a night or two. Are you going by yourself, too? Want a room-mate? I don't know my way around San Francisco yet, so it would be fun to hang out with someone who does.
    Hope to see you then!
    Marla

Thanks

This thread got me interested in investigating Sjogren's. No one had ever told me much about it other than that it caused dry eyes and other dryness in the body. The first (worthless) rheumy that I saw had told me that the only thing that was interesting in my blood test was the antibody indicating Sjogren's, but he dismissed it as nothing that needed to be treated. My good rheumy mentioned it as one of the four things that I tested positive for, but didn't elaborate.
    Now that I've been doing some research, a few things have jumped out at me. The dry eyes I've just considered a minor nuisance. I've also found that SJS causes peripheral neuropathy, which has bothered me (but not the docs!) for a long time. I also found that Reynauds is very common in SJS patients, too - another bingo! Yet another match was sleep problems - waking up every 2-3 hours with night sweats, pain and muscle spasms.
    SJS seems to explain so much about me - I wonder why none of my docs have ever noticed?
    Thanks, BonusMom for inviting WHL members to the conference! Now I'm really anxious to get there. April can't come soon enough. Hopefully, the experts there can explain a few things to me.
    Marla

Thanks

Thanks for the info Bonus Mom! I wish I could attend but I won't be able too. My Sjogren's is causing havoc in my mouth as I have already to have a root canal and I think I'm having more problems with my molars Please post any interesting info after the conference, but I will check out the link you provided.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"