Thread: Hunk a Hunk of Burnin'......Feet?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hunk a Hunk of Burnin'......Feet?

I don't know if this is a SLE thing or a BonusMom anomoly, but would appreciate some feedback.

Does anyone else have burning feet when lying in bed? My feet get burning pain, about the back 1/3 of them covering the entire heel area. The feet are dry, but aren't cracked or anything.

Any ideas?

PS. I don't have diabetes.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Has your doctor ever discussed Fibromyalgia with you? I am not sure if the burning feet are related to Lupus, but I know for a fact that they are a symptom of Fibromyalgia. Many of us have Fibromyalgia as an overlapping condition with our Lupus. For me, the burning sensation is also in my arms and legs and can be unbearable at times. I've often had to sleep with ice packs on my extremeties in order to combat the burning sensation.
    I am not sure if this is your issue, perhaps you can discuss it with your doctor. I wish you the ver best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I definately know what you are talking about. My feet often feel like they are on FIRE! hands too. My Dr. told me that it was all the inflammation from the lupus. They get HOT swollen and very painful. I'm sorry u have to deal with it too! I often sleep with ice packs on hands and feet. It really Sucks especailly when I accidently touch my hubby while we are both sleeping. It kind of wakes him up when ice cube feet touch him... LOL poor hubby. It comes and goes sometimes they get so hot I think they are really on FIRE.. Hang in there as you are definately not alone with this.
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have had this one and off for a while, but for me, it is mostly from being unaligned and is resolved with a quick adjustment by my chiropractor.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

My toes and hands are cold and numb - I think from Raynaud's. I could see how the severe numbness might almost feel like the feet were on fire, but they are ice cold to the touch.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi marla,

my feet and hands get really hot and burn like crazy. but, like saysusie, mine is from fibromyalgia....it feels like my hands have been put into an oven. I also have Raynaud's, so mine go from burning to pin needles freezing.....oh the joys of lupus.....

hey, how is that precious little grandson?
    Phyllis

share a smile today