Thread: More About Karen & SLE

Thanks

Default More About Karen & SLE

I just thought I would add important thing's I did not discuss in my opening Thread. Karen is a 27 year survivor of SLE. Currently to date Karen is waiting for dialysis (Peritoneal). She was supposed to start this a month ago but Karen ended up having a heart attack in Nov 2009. Karen's right artery had closed up and They had to implant two stent's to fix the problem. Yes, Karen has dodged another bullet. And Karen's heart doctor felt it may be caused by the Lupus. But know one can pin point the cause. So we are waiting on karen's renal doctor to set up the appointment for the Cath-line Surgery. Karen had just gotten off plavix 2 weeks ago and boy was she bruising all over the place from this medication. Karen normally bruises easy because of SLE and this just enhanced the problem. Karen's glad to be off Plavix. She has two of the best doctor's I think that know that Karen and I play a major role in her success. For I am the one who is the spoke person at the hospital for when Karen is to sick to talk. I believe that if you know the signs and symptom's of lupus, you know a lot about medicine, for lupus can attack every organ in your body and bone's included. I have to make sure that hospital staff are in tune with Karen's special needs and attention.I have to know her medication's better then Karen But Karen does most of the work by excepting her illness and dealing with it head on. And it has been noted that "Depression can cause lupus symptom's to flare more frequently." So Karen does not get depressed. She hardly even talks about it. But I think that's my job to do because she has enough to worry about. And Karen's doctor's seem to appreciate my knowledge of Karen's illness and my participation for it has shown to be a factor in some case's. So Karen and I are waiting for this Dialysis thing to happen cause she can feel the uremic poisoning going through her system and Karen's been feeling real tired all the time. But when I tell her she should let her doctor's know this she say's "I'm not in no rush for this". And I don't blame her but from my research and forum support, I know that Dialysis can relieve patients from these symptom's. But it's Karen's decision and she's done a good job so far and I'm here to back Karen up.
    Looking forward to sharing more stories and support,
    MdGuy~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MdGuy View Post
    I just thought I would add important thing's I did not discuss in my opening Thread. Karen is a 27 year survivor of SLE. Currently to date Karen is waiting for dialysis (Peritoneal). She was supposed to start this a month ago but Karen ended up having a heart attack in Nov 2009. Karen's right artery had closed up and They had to implant two stent's to fix the problem. Yes, Karen has dodged another bullet. And Karen's heart doctor felt it may be caused by the Lupus. But know one can pin point the cause. So we are waiting on karen's renal doctor to set up the appointment for the Cath-line Surgery. Karen had just gotten off plavix 2 weeks ago and boy was she bruising all over the place from this medication. Karen normally bruises easy because of SLE and this just enhanced the problem. Karen's glad to be off Plavix. She has two of the best doctor's I think that know that Karen and I play a major role in her success. For I am the one who is the spoke person at the hospital for when Karen is to sick to talk. I believe that if you know the signs and symptom's of lupus, you know a lot about medicine, for lupus can attack every organ in your body and bone's included. I have to make sure that hospital staff are in tune with Karen's special needs and attention.I have to know her medication's better then Karen But Karen does most of the work by excepting her illness and dealing with it head on. And it has been noted that "Depression can cause lupus symptom's to flare more frequently." So Karen does not get depressed. She hardly even talks about it. But I think that's my job to do because she has enough to worry about. And Karen's doctor's seem to appreciate my knowledge of Karen's illness and my participation for it has shown to be a factor in some case's. So Karen and I are waiting for this Dialysis thing to happen cause she can feel the uremic poisoning going through her system and Karen's been feeling real tired all the time. But when I tell her she should let her doctor's know this she say's "I'm not in no rush for this". And I don't blame her but from my research and forum support, I know that Dialysis can relieve patients from these symptom's. But it's Karen's decision and she's done a good job so far and I'm here to back Karen up.
    Looking forward to sharing more stories and support,
    MdGuy~
    You are a very good husband, this is just what Karen needs, somebody who is by her side, always.
    BTW where in upstate NY do you live?
    I wish you and Karen, a happy, healthy new year.

Debbie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Karen is so blessed to have you as her husband, her friend and her advocate. I know that it is difficult for you to see the one you love suffer from this disease. But, you are doing what is best in order to help her; providing comfort, support, and understanding; learning all that you can about her disease, its medications, its treatments, and how it affects her.
    We are here to help you help her in any way that we can and we are here to give her support whenever she needs it. You will find that there is always someone available here when you need answers, understanding, or just want to talk.
    Thank you for introducing us to your beautiful Karen, we welcome you both to our family.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 01-02-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you Debbie and Saysusie for those kind words. Being dedicated and supporting was always sometime my parents taught me and I find it very rewarding. It is good to know that there are so much support here as well as a chance to help other's if I can because I have learned a lot of personal experience just being with Karen for the last 12 year's. Before I met Karen I new that lupus was an illness but after meeting Karen was when I found out the magnitude of this. I found it so out the ordinary that I had to find out more about this illness and I've been going ever since. Yes it is difficult watching the one I love and care for so deeply go through this, but I can say that in Karen's strength I found peace. Which gives me the extra strength to help Karen more. And I'm glad I can be part of your wonderful support family. For we have so much to offer with personal experiences and successes!
    Thank you,
    We live 15 miles east of Albany NY
    Guy~
    Last edited by MdGuy; 01-01-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

We are so happy that you decided to become a part of our family and we welcome both you and Karen with open and understanding arms.
    This family, you will find, is actually global now. But we feel as if we are all in the same house. In a way, we are! I am happy that you are able to find peace in Karen's strength and I can guarantee that her strength is directly linked to your understanding and support. You are both so very blessed!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!