Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Climate?

Thanks

Ozone is not the 'good' kind of oxygen, it's actually an air pollutant. Up in the atmosphere it protects us from the sun (ozone layer-- the good ozone). Down here in the stratosphere it's not such good news as it creates all kind of health problems for people with sensitive skin and breathing issues (asthma). That constatn smog and haze in LA and other high pollution cities is partly a result of the stratospheric ozone. It actually traps heat particles making it hotter (heat island effect). Though California would be worse off, except for the pacific ocean and it's cooler waters and breeze keep the pollution checked-- it would be worse in the Atlantic. I find that humidity (i lived in south Florida for several years) and warm weather do not mix well for me. I now live in the north east, where i have seasons and more shade trees. I am partial to the ocean as well, and would like to end up in Boston or the pacific coast at some point, but humidity can certainly do a number on my knees; so we'll see.

Sorry about the science lesson, i just get particulary excited when i am able to share the little that i know

Thanks

Default SCIENCE!!!!

I LOVE the science lesson! I love all science lessons! Bring 'em on!!!!

Thanks

Not a problem at all. You are absolutely right. In large doses ozone is not going to help you. However, applied correctly it will help get pollution out of your system and create more oxygen in the system. I did really like your data though. Thanks!

I lived in Boston a long time ago. It's a very cool city from what I recall.

Andyman

Thanks

I'm from ORegon - Portland and Eugene are the best, I think. Never lived in Protland, but did live in Eugene. Seattle has some great stuff going on in Lupus research, though.

I think it all depends on how your particular body responds. I like Mexico, because the sun doesn't seem to bother me (yet). Other people say they can't be in the heat or sun, others need it to help with joint pain. Who knows!
    Missy

Thanks

I am from Illinois...the wonderful midwest...WE get alot of moist air and dry humid air depending on the day...along with my lupus and allergies...it basically sucks...I either have my bones hurting from the moisture or my head hurting from the allergies...its wonderful being here...but i guess i flare (not a bad one) just about every other day or so.
    *Sara*