Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving up

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy Giving up

Hi, my name is Tabatha. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2002. I am 39 years old and frustrated. Ihave seen several docs and rhuemys, but I have no solid answers to all of my questions and fears. This is hard for me because I dont know what to say. I would just like to hear from others that may be experiencing the same things I am. I have also recently over the past two years or so,been diagnosed with fibro and a small anuerysm on the right side of my head. I am afraid and although I have a very supportive family, I am alone.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Welcome to the forum, but believe me you are NOT alone.Im sorry this is short but i'll be back soon to write a loger thread,but many here do identify me also!! Im sorry you are going through this,but you will soon hear from members who will help you and give you the courage you need to cope.Just hang in there we all understand.

Lots of love
    Amanda.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Tabatha,

Welcome to the forum.
    I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE about three years ago. I have finally come to terms with it.
    This site has helped me alot. There is always somebody here to answer questions or concerns. It is a very good support system.
    I have a very helpful, supportive, loving husband, but he does not really understand, what I am going through. When I come to WHL though, everybody understands. This has been very helpful to me.
    Hopefully, it will help you as well.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you so much, this is almost the relief I was looking for...I too have a very supportive husband, but he really doesnt know what to do or say. Im glad I will be able to share my experiences with people who understand and not talk to me like I am crazy or first answer to my concerns is well, just loose some weight! That would be great if that were the only problem. Thanks again, and I look forward to sharing with all of you!

Thanks

Hi Tabatha sorry you are having a hard time getting solid answers from your doctors. It's rather frustrating dealing with the medical profession sometimes. I guess so many people including husbands and doctors will never understand until they are going through exactly the same thing. I have found that reading posts on this forum is extremely helpful as it makes me realize i am not alone in experiencing such horrible symptoms x

Thanks

Hi tabatha welcome to the sight you are not alone we are here to help i have a very supportive husband but i still do not think he knows the full extent of what i go through on a day to day basis . I have had doctors telling me it was in my head or that i just need to lose weight this disease is so hard to get doctors to listen to you it frustrates me alot but i have found talking to my friends on this site have helped anytime you just want to chat i will be here to listen hugs kim l

Thanks

Welcome, Tabatha!

This is a great group of people who also felt alone prior to finding one another. It makes no difference how loving our families are because unless they also suffer from SLE, they just don't understand.

Make yourself at home and don't hesitate to ask questions or vent your spleen.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Tabatha and Welcome to the forums!

Its great to hear that you have a supportive husband and that you've finally found this big lupus family here! You'll find all the answers you're looking for here and even more to questions you never thought to ask!

This is the best bunch of people you could ask for and I look forward to seeing your posts around the forums!

Claire
    x
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tabatha;
    Welcome to our family where, I'm sure you've discovered, you are most certainly not alone. Lupus is a very difficult disease to pin down as it is not the same for any two persons. Also, the disease can change in us; symptoms that we have today can disappear only to be replaced by new symptoms tomorrow and/or they can worsen overnight and a new crop of symptoms can appear out of nowhere.
    Because this is such an unpredictable disease, it is very difficult for doctors to give us a straight answer about anything. Everything is a theory, tests are run as a process of elimination, and then it is anyone's guess what will happen to us next. It is frustrating and frightening all at the same time. The only thing that is normal is that fact that there is NOTHING NORMAL about the disease. That is what we all have in common, the unanswered questions and the unpredictability.
    So, we are all here for one another to help each other navigate through the thick mire of unknowns. We will give you the best answers that we can, research information for you, and provide you with understanding, comfort and support. You have come to the right place and we are so happy that you are here!
    Again....welcome!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tabatha...(((((Hugs)))) As you can see, you're no longer alone. People here know what you're going through. Life is going to get better. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable at the family table.