Thread: Hi to my Lupus Buddies

Thanks

Default Hi to my Lupus Buddies

It's been a long, long time...I've sure missed everyone. After what you all know was an exceedlingly hard time early in the year, things culminated with my mother having heart issues. Dealing with that and work has kept me hopping. But all in all, I was holding my own health wise. Touch of something this fall, bad cold, couldn't shake (swine flu...who knows), but I weathered that and kept plugging along.

Last week I was hit with the news that my mom had to have her little toe amputated. She made it through. Then Sunday, I miss stepped going down the steps and dislocated my ankle broke my leg and tore tendons in my ankle. Probably need surgery, will know more tomorrow. So, needless to say, I'm bumming and have a lot of time on my hands. Sigh.

So how has everyone been...What have I missed the last few months? I'm afraid to go look at my crowns in the arcade!

Larz
    My Avatar represents most of my doctors. They don't want to look at what is going on, listen to what I'm saying or tell me anything!! Sound familiar?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh wow,

Sorry to hear about yoour Moms toe,hope she is doing ok as i know she was sick with her heart problems.OMG does it hurt?Easily done i know....OUCH! Have you got it in plaster?Hope you heal soon,bad timing hey riht near christmas.I usually fall when there is a big crowd to laugh at me.Hope you are ok.

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Larz; such a mixture of news. On the one hand, glad to hear that your Lupus has not been causing major issues; but so sorry to hear about your mother. And now, you've broken your leg and torn tendons......

It was so good to hear from you and I am so sorry that you have time on your hands due to your injuries. But, we will be here to try to keep you cheerful and to walk with you during these times.

welcome back and I wish you the very best
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

So sorry to hear about all of the unfortunate things that have affected you this year. You have certainly had your hands full. In the event surgery is necessary for you, I hope that it goes well and your recovery is without complications.

Oh, and your crowns are all intact!

Thanks

I see my crowns are still there! Believe it or not, this arcade helped me through one tough time. Now it needs to see me through another.

My main concerns with everything going on is:

1. Will this flare the lupus that has been idling so long (from the physical stress)?
    2. The my Rheumo told me once that I have the antibody which means I could clot blood easily, although (knock on wood) I've never had a clot. But I know too much laying or sitting can cause an issue. With all the trauma in my leg, there is definitely bleeding. But I'm suppose to lay still and keep my foot elevated. Concerned that this could cause me an problem.
    3. Surgery, never had it...scary thing in itself.
    4. Work, things are bad there, layoff coming up in January. Hope my being out isn't going to put me in the wrong bucket.

So that's my concerns. Any of my friends here deal with some of the same things? Any advice?

Larry
    My Avatar represents most of my doctors. They don't want to look at what is going on, listen to what I'm saying or tell me anything!! Sound familiar?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So sorry you fell. I have had several falls myself. It's no fun and recovery can be a slow process, especially since you ripped tendons. Let us know how things turn out for you and if you will have to have surgery?