Thread: have results/see doc on 29th

Thanks

Question have results/see doc on 29th

I'm new and I hope this is not a duplicate message...I'm still learning the navigation. Can someone share with me if their antibody panel is similar to mine? I do not have a diagnosis yet, but my results are positive ANA speckled, ENA positive for anti SSA/Ro and positive dsDNA. Originally went to orthopedist for severe wrist pain and suspected carpel tunnel. The latter was ruled out and because of medical history with strange hand and wrist joint issues 10 yrs ago and Raynaud's, blood work was performed and I got the results above. I have not felt like myself for about 4 months. I cannot have any medication until I see the rheumatologist on the 29th because they don't want to suppress my symptoms til she can see me. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
    Last edited by DrG; 12-21-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: just wanted to include that i am new and wish everyone well and post question icon

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think most of us can associate with the test results that you have. When i got diagnosised 3 years ago they would not give me any meds while i was in the hospital for 11 days till they ran every test they could trying to rule this and that out and i was assigned the rheumatologist i have now and would not trade him. Welcome to this site and you will get wonderfull help fro m everyone. Bonita i have rhaynods ra barrotts esophagas poloyps in my stomach a cage and plates and srews in my back with degenerative diease myositis and lupus i am on prednisone for over 2 years and plaquinel and methotrexate was on immuran till it made my blood counts too low

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Your symptoms and test results are very familiar to most of us. Also, most of us have concluded that we suffered from this disease for many years prior to receiving a diagnosis. So, you are not alone in either scenario.
    I can understand the doctors not wanting to suppress your symptoms until you see a rheumatologist, but that is easy for them because they are not the ones living with it every day. I do hope that the rheumatologist starts your treatment immediately so that you can start to get some relief.
    Your first treatments may consist of Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate, and/or NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs..such as Naproxen or Imuran). Please feel free to come to us at any time if you have any questions about your treatments, your symptoms, lab results, or if you just need to talk!
    There will always be someone here to help you!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi DrG,

welcome to our group. this is truly a remarkable group of members who sincerely care about each other. You will always find someone here ready to help.

as saysusie said, so many of us know exactly where you are. This is a very frightening time, and so frustrating. The medications that are used to treat lupus are very serious drugs, and must not be abused. Drs. will not prescribe them unless they are certain about the diagnosis. There are several auto immune diseases, and the diagnosis process can be very difficult.

It is important that you educate yourself on the various symptoms that you are experiencing. Also, be sure and think about any symptoms that you have had in the past. Lupus is an intermittent disease, and attacks different parts of the body at different times. Diagnosis consists of lab results along with symptoms, this is why your educated input is crucial to the diagnostic process.

I am glad you did not have to wait very long for a drs. appointment. Many times it can take several months to get in. When you do go to the dr., we are here to help you with any questions that you might have.

good luck, and i hope you can relax and have a merry christmas.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello DrG.

I'm sorry you're having to wait for treatment. I think the SSA is indicative of Sjogren's syndrome. I remember my pcp telling me that SSA and SSB point to SS. I was dx with mixed connective tissue disease...which, in my opinion, is another way to say something autoimmune is going on. I have some kind of connective tissue issue... we just don't know its name/s yet.

With autoimmune diseases, one can mimic another, so it can take time to narrow down a dx. Here is a site that helps break down lab results...

http://www.labtestsonline.org/

I think having a positive ANA simply shows that something autoimmune is going on...however, many people can have a positive ana and have no sign of autoimmune disease.

Happy Holidays to you too.