Thread: Questions I forgot to ask.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Questions I forgot to ask.

I have several questions.
    -Has anyone had to be treated with chemo for their lupus/ lupus nephritis?
    -Does anyone have problems with cervical dysplasia, and/or the recurrance of abnormal paps?
    -What do ya'll do about depression?
    -I have really horrible stretch marks from a seriously bad case of edema a year ago, does anyone know any good lighteners or treatments? I feel like I have tried every lotion there is. They won't turn white! they are Purple! It's been almost a year.
    -Does anyone here look for alternatives to drugs(prednisone, plaquenil,etc.)?
    That's all I can think of right now. I don't doubt there are more, just too tired to think of them at the moment. Stay well-Mollie

Thanks

I've avoided chemo thus far. My rheumy put me on Zoloft for depression several years ago, and it has made all the difference. As far as stretch marks go, not to be too depressing, but from what I've read (on pregnancy forums and elsewhere), they'll eventually fade on their own a bit, but other than surgery, there's really no way to remove them.

Thanks

Hey Goosieann,
    I am pretty knew here. I go to my first Rheumy appt. next Friday. I have been having systoms for about ten years. I have been going for Paps every three months for the last year. My Dr. says they keep coming back a little abnormal(what ever that means) and wants to keep an eye on it. As for depression I take Cymbalta. I have been on several different meds for depression in the last ten yrs. and really like this one. Isn't this a great site. Its the first time in ten years I don't feel like I'm nuts

Thanks

My doc is talking about starting me on chemotherapy... I won't know for sure until Tuesday or Wednesday though...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Default chemo

I've been on chemo for lupus since July. The first time wasn't bad, just more fatigue than usual but last time was not good. Woke up at 3am the next morning throwing up. Had nausea on and off for about 3 weeks. Haven't lost any hair but the nausea and fatigue have not been fun.

I understand what you mean about the depression! Last Saturday, was supposed to get my next chemo treatment and they could not find a vein. Have to try again this Sat and drink a couple liters of water before going to be fully hydrated...guess it makes it easier to find a vein.

Hope everything gets better...just have to take it one day at a time!
    Catlady4520

Thanks

I very recently had problems with cervical dysplasia. In fact it was severe dysplasia and I had to have the cells removed by LEEP procedure, and then have PAP smears every three months for a year. I still have to schedule the last PAP smear.

Since my early twenties I have had a few abnormal PAPs, but this was the kicker of them all. My Gynecologist said since I didn't have any predisposing factors like VD or smoking, that the dysplasia was probably related to immune system dysfunction.

I am also on the Nuvaring for excessive menstrual bleeding and iron for anemia.

Smiles,

Kathy