Thread: Carpal Tunnel Surgery Again

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Carpal Tunnel Surgery Again

Well we just found out a couple of days ago that my boyfriend is scheduled to have carpal tunnel surgery on his left hand at the beginning of February. His right hand is healed now, but still very weak. He has about 6 more hand therapies to go on it. It is a very slow recovery process. I am sure that those of you who have had the surgery know what he is going through. I hope this surgery will go smoothly this time around, unlike his first surgery.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't know what that's like but I can imagine it is excruciating. Poor guy!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've not had the surgery myself, but my manager is scheduled to have the surgery. In fact, his had seems to be atrophied a bit! I know that he is in constant pain and has no use of his had at all.
    For both him and your boyfriend, I sincerely hope that the surgery works!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkofWtr View Post
    Well we just found out a couple of days ago that my boyfriend is scheduled to have carpal tunnel surgery on his left hand at the beginning of February. His right hand is healed now, but still very weak. He has about 6 more hand therapies to go on it. It is a very slow recovery process. I am sure that those of you who have had the surgery know what he is going through. I hope this surgery will go smoothly this time around, unlike his first surgery.
    I have had carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel ( elbow) surgery in February, I was on sick leave for three months.
    Now, ten months later, I still have some pain and the wrist is very weak. No problems with the elbow.
    But I would do the surgery all over again, because the numbness in my fingers is gone now. On the flip side, I have pain now, which I didn't have before the surgery. The 24 hour numbness, was worse than the pain though.
    Hopefully his second surgery will go as smoothly as mine did.

Debbie

Thanks

I've not had the surgery, my suspected carpal tunnel is mild, but I'm hoping and praying all goes well for him that the surgery works and his recovery is easy.
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.