Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for dr. in N. california

Thanks

Scubagramplit,

I saw Dr. Harchetan Sandu. I personally did not get along with him. I have heard mixed comments, both positive and negative, for him so it is hard to tell. I would say to at least give him a try and see what you think. For some reason this doctor and I just did not communicate well. Could be me, could be him, I don't know. Hey you live pretty close to me, I live in Yankee Hill. Anyways good luck.

Thanks

Dolocot, I go to see my dr. in Medford Oregon on Monday, will actually leave tomorrow aroung noon, But, from what I here I am going to see if he will give me a referral to dr. wiesner in Sac. I was seeing a dr. in Redding but like you were saying we did not hit it off very well. At first I thought he would be good but then it got to trying to tapper me off prednisone and by the time I got down to 14mg I got to the point to where I could not function any more and started missing days from work, called him up and told him about it, he had some blood tests done and told me there was no sigh of lupus activity and to continue the tapper, at that point I said good buy, I am not going to go back to where I am sitting in a chair slobbering on myself and not being able to function so I went back to my previous dr. in Medford, he does know lupus.
    Enough of that, I saw on your profile that you like to sew and knit, my beloved wife loves to quilt, sew and knit. I checked out the map and as you said we are not too far from each other. Maybe some time we will have to meet up and have lunch and meet the family. It lookes like on your profile that you are a nurse? I work at Northwest Lineman College in Oroville as a training instructor. Take care and look forward to chatting with you. Jim
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Dolocot,

You are more than welcome anytime. That is what we are all here for is a sounding board and to support each other. A long time ago, I put together a binder of all labs; I would suggest you get copies of all your labs and do the same in case you try several different doctors. Hang in there; you just need to find one really good doctor who will listen to you and then you are set. Many on the board have gone through what you are going thru so don't give up; be more persistent. I would also check out from the local library the book Lupus for Patients and Families by Dr. Wallace or it can be found on Amazon. Read up on it and take it with you along with a list of questions when you have a new visit in Sacto. Sometimes we have to educate a little unfortunately.

I am very sorry your symptoms are progressively worse, and I hope you get some relief soon. What are your symptoms and labs say? Also, certain specialty labs like ANA, ESR, C3, C4, RF should be run through a specialty lab in Los Angeles by the name of RDL which stands for Rhuematology Diagnostics Laboratories. This will make a diference as well although you would need to verify with your insurance it is covered and the rheumy that you see that they work with them. If you do not have insurance, the doctor may order a non-insurance panel which runs $80 versus $500 cash. I hope this helps out. I would definately check into Weisner as well.

Keep us posted and hang in there; one day at a time.

Take care & God Bless,

Faith