Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Dark Cloud

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles but go and enjoy your time with your Dad and family and have the Merriest Christmas. Love and prayers to all of your family and have a safe trip. Bonita

Thanks

My mom had a similar situation...was diagnosed Oct'09.they thought they saw possible issue in the carotid area and poss stomach.She needed further testing to confirm...she refused...she was a retired nurse.....no treatment..she smoked her cig's and drank her coffee til the end. She was not in pain and did not suffer...we lost her this past June.She did it "her way". And yes cancer does suck. My dad was diagnosed and died in 6 weeks of Pancreatic cancer...so I feel fortunate to have had a little more time with my mom..and yes..cancer does suck.
    Andrea

Thanks

BonusMom,
    Have a safe and wonderful trip. Someday, you will all be very glad that you took it. Will you be going through any of the area that has had blizzards lately? Drive carefully, and have a very merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Default Update

Dad had repeat CT scans last week. The mass has shrunk "marginally", but not enough to warrant the continuation of chemo. Because the formation of the mass is kinda horizontal, they cannot safely do radiation for fear of harming any of his remaining good cells (not many of 'em due to a lifelong smoking habit).

So, hearts are heavy as we hope Dad will survive long enogh to see his eldest grandson get married on 10/9/10.

I'm long overdue for some good news......

Thanks

Oh, BonusMom,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. You are having a rough time lately.
    All anyone can say is that you should enjoy the time with him that you have left. Maybe his grandson's upcoming wedding will give him a goal and a reason to hang in there until next fall. It's always amazing what the human will can do.
    Enjoy your family, sweetie, and hold them all close.
    Lots and lots of Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Im sorry to hear about your father, I lost my mom several years ago to cancer and just lost my dad last october ,if your dad is willing to go through with chemo good for him,please cherish the time you have with your parents it is very precious,I fortunately have a job that puts family above all else and was able to be with my parents throughout the whole ordeal I will say a prayer for you and your family,

Thanks

Thanks for the well wishes. it would be a bit easier to process if my parents lived closer, but with them in Idaho and me in Cali, it's not like I can jump in the car to go check in on them. The next time I see them, he'll look very different, I would imagine, from the weight loss and such.

Then again, my dad is very ornery so he'll probably outlive us all (or defy the odds by many years)!

For all of you that have lost a parent, my heart goes out to you. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but with all the other stressors in life, this is kinda the last straw.

I'll have a good cry in the shower and move on with my day. Sometimes a good cry is just what the doctor ordered to put things in perspective....

Happy St. Patrick's Day fellow Irish maties!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi,

I sent you a PM. I wish the news on your Dad was better. If you need to talk, I'm here.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry for the pain your family is going through it seems that cancer is pretty much in everyones family somewhere and it really sucks. I pray that the chemo works and your Dad will get a clean bill of health. I will put him on my prayer list. Love Bonita