Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Holiday Movie?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default What's Your Favorite Holiday Movie?

It seems like the tv is flooded with new and old holiday movies. Right now, Babes in Toyland, It's a Wonderful Life, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and countless other movies are playing, which made me think about my favorite holiday movies over time. What are your favorite holiday movies? Mine are:

1. It's A Wonderful Life
    2. A Christmas Carol (the Mickey Mouse version)
    3. Elf
    4. A Christmas Story
    5. March of the Wooden Soldiers
    6. The Holiday
    7. Miracle on 34th Street
    8. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    9. The Nightmare Before Christmas
    10. Edward Scissorhands
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Smile

Here's another great oldie for you:
    Holiday Inn, with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope. It's the one with the song, White Christmas.
    How about the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Christmas special on TV? I so loved that one as a child, and my kids loved it, too.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think I know exactly which one you mean. It's the one where the rescue the ski-lodge for their old war buddy and they marry the sisters???

I was going to add Rudolph and Home Alone. There are soooo many that I like that I just limited to 10 for me.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Smile

i like the santa claus movies with tim allen, and polar express, and scrooge,i watch these every year. merry christmas love and hugs kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

<3 the Polar Express! It was one of my favorite children's books to read and the way the made the movie did it such honor. Another favorite children's Christmas book is The Miracle of Jonathan Toomey.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I like "A Christmas Carol" with Mr. Scrooge, Tiny Tim and the rest of the characters. Also, I like "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas".

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I like all that you have put up.A Christmas Carol, Scrooged,i watched Elf yesterday,Miracle on --th street (i never remember the number) oh so many.Any with santa claus in really lol.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I love all versions of "A Christmas Carol"..from Mr. Magoo to Patrick Stewart! I set my TiVo to tape every version of the movie and I watch them all month (lol).
    Next, I'd have to say my favorite is "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and his red rider BB gun "You'll Shoot Your Eyes Out!!"

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Miracle on 34th Street warms my soul and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer takes me down memory lane. Oh, the anticipation of Santa and all his wonderful treasures........I miss those days!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I didn't know Mr. Magoo did a Christmas Carol. I'll have to look for that.

They've been showing some good movies on TCM lately. Some I had never seen and some of my favorites. The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, Christmas in Connecticut, Tenth Avenue Angel, and Remember the Night. I love all the Christmas Carols but my favorite is with Patrick Stewart...not just because I'm a trekkie but because he was so darn good in it! When he starts to laugh out of relief and nearly kills himself from laughing...brilliantly done. Lol.

But my all time favorite Christmas special to watch, which is also my family's, is Life with Louie, A Christmas Surprise for Mrs. Stillman. It's so cute and hilarious!