Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raynaud's question

Thanks

Question Raynaud's question

Does anyone else have symptoms of Raynaud's syndrome?
    I've been dealing with cold, tingly, numb and miserable toes for some time. Especially at night, my poor little toes are like icebergs. Lately, my fingers have started to be the same way.
    Yesterday, before I had my attack of vertigo and fall, one toe was painfully numb all morning. When I pulled my sock off, I could see that it was red and swollen. By evening, it looked almost purple. Today, the swelling is not quite so bad, but the two toes on either side of it are swelling a bit, too, and one toe on the other foot is starting to do the same thing.
    Does anyone know, is this what is called an ulceration? Does it mean that the circulation in my toes is getting much worse?
    Thanks,
    Marla

Thanks

I don't, but wanted to send a (((hug))).

Thanks

Hi Marla,

I have Reynaud's too, and although I don't know if what you have is an ulceration, it does sound to me like the circulation is getting worse. My fingers and toes are just like yours - they are like little icebergs and turned red, white, blue and purple, sometimes numb and sometimes painful. Until recently, nothing helped. I would walk around with those hand warmers, wear the thickest, warmest socks I could find, drink warm tea all day, but it was all a very temporary fix. I started a thread in the medication forum, though, about Procardia XL, which my rheumy just started me on, and it has been an amazing treatment for me. My circulation is MUCH better - I no longer have trouble with my hands getting cold - I even take off my gloves in the car, or if I'm going outside for just a minute, and I could never do that before. My toes don't get cold when I'm at work, and I don't think I need to wear such warm socks anymore.

Especially since you just fell, it would be a good idea to see the doctor and see if this is an ulceration or something you need to have treated right away. And ask about medication if that's something you're willing to try. I hope you get some relief soon!
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Thanks

I had an ulcer on my fingers. You would know if thats what it was. The skin would actually look like it was kind of dying. I couldnt feel that spot at all. It does sound like your having circulation problems though. Raynauds is probably the most annoying problem I have becuz its the worst and most consistent. You should go to the doctor to see what they think. If its Raynauds they can give you medicine to help with the circulation. The stuff Im on doesnt do much for me though. Make sure you stay realllllyy warm. I hope you figure out whats going on.

Thanks

Red face

Wouldn't you know it? I lived in a miserably hot state and couldn't wait to get where it would be cooler, and now I have to be careful to stay warm!
    It's doing lots better today. It seemed to start feeling better when I took a very warm shower and got the circulation going a bit. It also seems to help me at night that I've found our winter comforter and put it on the bed. I had stopped using it in Texas because of the heat and my night sweats.
    Here in Northern California, the nights are much cooler - good snuggle weather!
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have has this affliction since being diagnosised and it goes from being mild to severe and my doc says he could give me nitro creame for it but i do not want any other meds right now so i try to warm my toes and fingers but you are right at night my toes really hurt. Bonita

Thanks

Warm showers are the best =) that always makes me feel better lol Im glad that its been getting better!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes i have it but do not have ulcerations.My feet and legs are the worst but it does effect my hands though. No matter what the weather,my knees to my feet can suddenley turn blue.Even in summer i look odd with blue feet.Lately thought they had got better until last night,sat on the bed with legs hanging over,my feet and toes swelled and turned deep blue.I cannot feel all my toes (except i always feel the pain if i bang a toe).My hands can be numb,but not as cold and numbas my feet.I get a vibration feeling in my hands sometimes and they hurt to type.Ive noticed if i dont sleep my arms and hands can go very numb,yet if i sleep they feel a bit better.When you say ulceration,where do you get them? In between my toes on 2 of them i have a bright red markings on them,but they do not hurt or open into an ulcer.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Angel,
    Yes, I'm with you on all of that. My hands and arms have just recently started with the numbness and tingling - way behind the legs and feet, which have been doing it for the past couple of years.
    I had the tips of two toes swell up. They got really red - almost purple. Now that the swelling has gone down, the skin is a little loose - it almost looks like there's a bit of a water blister there.
    I'm just glad that the huge swelling went away quickly. It felt like the tips of my toes were going to pop!
    Take care of yourself,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes pop is the word!! I tried expllaining this to the doctor ..he just didnt get it at all.I knew what i meant!! Hope you feel better soon.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx