Thread: old Lupus acquaintance who needs advice! LOL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default old Lupus acquaintance who needs advice! LOL

I don't know what's up. Earlier this year, the pain was almost unbearable. Now, for the past month or so, I haven't had as much pain. I thought it might be in a dormant state, but yesterday when I twisted my wrist slightly to see what would happen. It hurt to twist it and there was the usual pressure from keeping me from twisting it further. All of this could be summed up from riding rollercoasters, except that isn't the case. I only know this because even if it doesn't hurt when arm is relaxed it's the same. I have extreme doubts, but here is my reason for thinking it's going into recession:

I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 3 and it hurt. It went away for a while (8 years?), but came back. During these years though, I would still have problems when I walked. Everyone summed this up to being 'growing pains'. This continued until about 4 years ago, and it started hurting with a vengance. Now it's pretty much gone again. I still have problems running (out of shape now) and my leg aches a bit.

I have always had the same diet and although it hurts sometimes, it doesn't hurt all the time. Does anyone know why that is?

Also, I guess it's from the drastic changes in temperature (between indoors and outside), but now I have a sore throat again. This is the second one since Thanksgiving, and there are no symptoms of a cold. Strep throat maybe? Anyway, If you guys have any advice, please let me know. Anything will be helpful. Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks

Smile

Hello,

Weather changes and rain affects my fibro and lupus by creating flares. Winter is painful for me although I like the cooler weather than 110 Summers. What I am trying to say is it's probably a flare.

One way of telling if you are in remission is if your sed rate and crp (C Reactive Proteins) are lower and in a "normal" range. If they remain in the normal ranges; then I would ask your rheumy if you are considered in "remission."

I hope this helps and I hope you feel better.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

I agree with Faith...weather changes, or cold weather might be a culpret....I have a problem with swelling from possibly dehydration...you might want to step up your water intake...just an idea....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Cool

Hey Sick N Tired,

I don't mean to be rude. It's been a while since we chatted. How have you been doing?

At least I am not alone. Although I wish I was and no one else had to have enjoy all the fun flares. lol.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and many blessings.

God Bless,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the information guys. I usually feel better in the winters rather than the summers, but it really helped. Unfortunatly, circumstances are going to make me go through all the lupus testing again so I don't have a rhuemy yet. It's getting old really fast. Anyway, Happy New Year!
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

Cool

I am sorry to hear you will have to endure more testing. Check out the link for rheumys. I hope this helps and good luck. rheumatology.org

God Bless!

Faith