Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello all! I am new

Thanks

Smile welcome susan

hi my names kim l and i am from australia welcome to our site we will be there to support you as much as possible the people here are wonderful i have made many great friends this year has been bad for a lot of us i now walk with walking stick and i have bought myself a corkboard and i pin all my appointments and things i need to remember on it as the brain fog is extremely bad i am glad you have god rheumi i finally found a good one after months of being told it was all in my head and it was only my nerves they can be so condesending sometimes we knows whats going on in our bodies sometimes its just hard to get them to listen. well have a merry christmas if we do not get to talk before then good to have as part of our unique family hugs kim l

Thanks

What is MCTD?
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

MCTD stands for Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. It's what the rheumy tags you with if they can't figure out just one disease from your blood work. In my case, I tested mildly positive for Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis and Sjogren's (with a little Raynaud's thrown in for good measure). When you have overlapping symptoms of several AI diseases, it's called MCTD. As I've read, sometimes one of them will develop into something full-blown, so then the doc changes the diagnosis.
    Hope this helps,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say helo and welcome.Im sorry you have been through so much,but glad now you have people who understand to chat with.I hope today is a good day for you.

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi susan,

welcome to our family....you have already seen how much compassion and knowledge there is among our members, and i hope you find comfort in our responses.

WOW, what a great dr. you have....i hope he never retires. I will keep my fingers crossed that his replacement will be as caring as he is.

What medications are you taking? I am so sorry that 2009 has been so tough on you, and hopefully 2010 will be the year that we all start to feel better.

Anyway, welcome, and i look forward to learning along with you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today