Thanks

I couldnt really hear what the fella was saying tbh

ISDM
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Hi..
    I've heard about this a few times already. At the beginning of this year I had someone from my water company come to the house, he explained all the ins and outs about the chemicals that get thrown into our water...Chlorine being one of them. To cut a long story short, I ended up purchasing a very costly water filtration unit, about $4,000 worth. The water goes through 6 different types of filters, we had them installed in both our bathrooms, kitchen sink, and even laundry. I use the filtered water for everything, even boiling pasta. Apparently if you have a hot spa/bath, your skin can absorb up to 6 glasses of water within an hour, as your paws are open. With so many chemicals put into our water here in Australia, that's a chance i'm not willing to take. Whether it makes a difference to my health or not, i'll never know, but it definitely can't be making things worse, and it's peace of mind knowing that my children are getting the cleanest water possible. I don't know what the water is like in other parts of the world, but it's definitely worth getting checked out. Our regular tap water, looks clear, and tasted fine, and I could not believe the amount of chemicals that were put in it were legal. But they are, and it's no bull, because the guy that came out to the house had those strips that changed colours to certain chemicals. I did the testing my self, and compared it with regular house hold cleaning products...a glass of our water even contained a tiny amount of bleach. This can't be good for a regular person, let alone someone with lupus. Anyway, thought i'd share.
    Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas, and a happy and safe 2010!
    Joaney.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

There is absolutely no proof to their claim that eliminating Chlorine from one's body causes Lupus to go into remission. Also, the link between HRV (retrovirus) and SLE is possible, but it has not been proven, and is still the subject of research. To simply state that Lupus is "part of the retrovirus" is very misleading.

I certainly believe that there are many chemicals in our lives that could very well be an aggravating factor and/or a trigger for SLE, but to simply state that "eliminating chlorine" causes Lupus to go into remission is BS. Chlorine in its gaseous form can be deadly when inhaled, and can also be toxic if ingested, so it is a dangerous chemical. However, there is no proof that the minute quantity (no more than 4ppm) used in water purification is dangerous at all. In fact, the bacteria it kills in drinking water is very harmful, and dangerous.

Also, the human body depends on the chloride ion for the regulation of many bodily functions, so basically, if we TOTALLY eliminated chlorine from the human body, we would become sick from Chlorine Deficiency, and die. This video also does not cite the research used to reach their conclusions. I wonder why?

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 12-06-2009 at 04:08 AM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Very good question, Rob and very well put. Precisely why we should never take anything in print at face value. It is always a good idea to research their sources, check for legitimate research criteria and do a bit of studying ourselves.
    Thank you for posing some very important questions!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!