Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Weather

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Strange Weather

Today was a really odd day here. I live in Maine, and although we don't always have a white Christmas in this part of the state, we usually have some snow, and almost always the temperature is near zero in the first part of December. On this day last year, my yard was already under 2 feet of snow, and the high for the day was 20 degrees.

Today, it was 71 degrees, and the sun was out for most of the day. It's 12:35 AM now, and it's 65 degrees still. I have my windows open like it's a wonderfully cool summer night, and it's December the 4th! This is just beyond strange. I went for a walk, on the trail behind my house, the moon lighted my way. It felt like a summer night, and a mosquito even bit me. I saw a Bluejay out on the birdhouse I put up back in July. It's just unheard of to be this warm in December. The news people are all talking about the possible reasons-who knows. I just know I had a good, and very unexpected walk tonight, and it felt good. I also had a good report from my Neurologist-no progression of nerve/myelin damage from either MS or SLE. What a day!

Rob

Thanks

Hi Rob,

All I can say is, enjoy it while you can, the nice weather and the good news. You know either one can change in a second.
    I live in upstate NY and haven't worn my winter coat yet. Maybe I have to start today, high temp today, 35 F.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so happy to hear the good news your doctor shared, Rob! That is excellent news! So glad you had a good day...you deserve many many many of them!

If the weather were to turn warm here like that I'd be depressed. lol. I'm sick of the warm weather and glad it's finally cold in Georgia. The weatherman says we may see snow flurries tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So glad you had a good day Rob. What freaky weather for you!

Thanks

Talk about freaky weather. My daughter just called me from Houston Texas, to tell me that they have 2 inches of snow.
    She is all excided,32 years old, she misses the snow.

Debbie

Thanks

Oh Yeah, weird weather.
    We've been hearing from friends and relatives in San Antonio. They are expecting 1-4 inches of snow there. I saw a great picture online of palm trees covered in snow in El Paso, of all places!
    Jeff and I are frustrated. We lived there for 17 years and the most we saw was a bit of ice. Now that we've moved, they get snow!
    Marla

Thanks

yes the weather really is weird this year...I am in Texas...Snow at this time is almost unheard of.....especially when it is warm up north....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Oh Rob...sorry...Congrats to you on your good news...we all live to hear such nice words from the doc....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob it was in the 70's yesterday here too. Tomorrow we are supposed to have snow. Crazy weather! smh.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh, and also congrats on the good news from the doc. I am happy for you to hear that.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.