Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Weirdest Symptom?

Thanks

My current weird sympton in tingling (with no numbness) in feet, legs, hips, fingertips, and down the middle of my face. I read a survey recently in which many lupus patients ticked tingling as one of their main, recurring symptoms.

I know what triggers it - walking triggers the feet, legs, and fingertips; standing in shower or doing a blogging marathon triggers the hips; emotional stress and anxiety trigger the facial.

Going to my GP today to stress to him the tingling has NOT resolved and I want to understand it better.

I am on BP meds and low thyroid meds.

Oh yeah, tingling with no numbness can also be low thyroid. So if you get recurrent tingling that worries you, have your TSH levels checked.
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com

Thanks

I actually have one good side effect. My body is so saturated with medication that I have yet to get one mosquito bite.

Thanks

My weirdest symptom??? Hmmm.... Maybe its being hungry all the time, thanks to the prednisone. :evil: I try to eat fruit or just drink something when I get hungry, that almost happens every hour. :shocked!: I don't want to gain any more weight!!! Gosh, people are going to think I'm pregnant or something.

Thanks

[buddhabelly that makes me laugh. My husband and I joke all the time with the little bit of weight gain I've got in my belly from the prednisone. He'll say : Is the baby kicking??? :lol: We joke to and say if anyone asks if I'm pregnant or when I'm due I'll just fib :lol: I actaully had an email sent to me a long time ago from a friend of my mom's with lupus and it was for funny t-shirt sayings. It had a lady that was bigger in a running suit and it said "I'm not pregnant it's the prednisone" :lol: I wish they made that shirt for real. I would buy it and wear it all the time :lol:
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

:lol: That would be a funny saying to put on a tshirt! Let's do it, we can make money off it. :lol: [/b]

Thanks

Hey sounds good to me :lol:

Thanks

cafepress.com - you can make the shirt there. It could also be sold here to help support the site and/or support the Lupus Foundation.

If ya'll are serious, and I can help in any way with this, let me know.

edit: I should say cafepress isn't the only place online this can be done; it's the first one that came to mind. But, this would be a nifty project, I think.
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com

Thanks

Maybe we can look into that. I'll check the website out :lol:

Thanks

Hello All,

I am new to this forum but not new to the whole Lupus thing. I was diagnosed with SLE in April 2002 and have ran the gamut of meds and symptoms.

As of late, I have been having problems with my eyes. I will have a feeling like my eyeball is bruised underneath my upper eye lid and by the next day my eye lid will be purplish red, swollen and the eye itself will become blood shot. Does anyone else have any symptoms like this?

I went to a new Rheumy to be told that it is not lupus involved and to top it off he gave me the whole, "better get a complete physical and possible checks for cancer". Ok, that is just too scarey to contemplate when I am already moody and flaring.

Hope to chat with you all more in length when I can type more. My hands are killing me today.

Thanks
    kissofsunshyne

Thanks

kissofsunshyne first let me say welcome :lol: When I was first diagnosed with lupus I use to have problems with sore swollen eyes. I found it to be one of my symptoms when I flare. Sometimes it's just the muscles that get sore. But be careful. Depending on what medications you are taking you could have an infection in your eye because of your lowered immune system. Do you have any drainage from your eye?? I recommend that you go see an opthlamologist.