Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Weirdest Symptom?

Thanks

lexis214-

My hands are extremely dry like that too. It was cold here this week and that's when they are the worst. I, also, have weird tingling in my extremities, but I don't know why either.

Thanks

Hi Suzie and everyone,
    I decided to check the site to see if anyone else has trouble with a sore, yet itchy tongue also. I am in a bad flare right now and am so very fatigued. Suzie, I can tell you thet my ANA came back positive and speckled also. I guess that's just part of the SLE syndrome of symptoms (?) I have known that I have SLE for 3-4 years now. My question is this; My husband and I are having my adult children and their spouses over for a big Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily I have never felt this weak and sore before during the holidays...but now I look at my usually tidy house and just groan. My husband helps some, but he works a lot of hours and my adult daughter lives two hours away, leaving me to do the cleaning. I am lucky in that my husband loves to cook and will be doing most of the holiday food prep, but I feel just terrible about not having enough energy to do a super clean up of my house. Has anyone else been in this position before and what did you do? Thanks and God bless, Paula
    "It is the unknown that we fear when we look upon death and darkness."~Albus Dumbledore

Thanks

My weirdest symptom is I keep coming here to check the message board for new posts.

It's unrelenting in its persistance but I am loathe to inform my doctor about it.

Some symptoms are, I guess, just too embarrassing.

Thanks

LOL!!! I don't think that's a symptom so much as an addiction... I wonder if there's a rehab for that??? LOL!!!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Editor03, does your family understand your disease? If not, they need to. Once they know what you are going through, the condition of your house won't be nearly as important to them as your well-being. I am working so hard to let go of my perfectionism. I have asked for help from my daughter and stepdaughter this Thanksgiving and they both seem happy I asked for their help. My daughter is only 18, but she has watched me in the kitchen enough to help me. She is also trying to save money so when I am too tired, I pay her to run my errands for me. She loves it. (earning the money, that is ).

Something else I have learned to to is to start things way ahead. Today is Monday and I set the dining room table for Thanksgiving. If the plates get a little dusty, so what. Tomorrow I will cook a little. Wednesday I'll cook a little more. I don't try to do it all at once like I used to.

If your house is absolutely driving you crazy, do you have anyone who could help you? Sometimes people just have to be asked. If not, well who's going to care, except for you??? Be gentle with yourself friend.

Happy Thanksgiving. I give thanks for this forum that is new to me. And to you new friends I am meeting here. Bless you all. And good luck to you, Editor03. I hope your holiday is a good one.

Thanks

Wow this thread has really taken off.Thanks guys for expressing all of your symptoms.
    Paula- I know all about the sore irratated tongue. Mine doesn't itch though. Only very raw feeling. I think mine is because of my mouth staying so dry. Itching on the other hand "LITERALLY"!!! My hands are so dry right now they feel as if they are velcro to everything I touch and they are ITCHING!!! It is driving me crazy :crazyeyes: .
    I went to visit my sister this last weekend and just came home on tuesday. My hands also started getting dried out again on Monday. Where I was at my sisters t was much colder in the night and mornings than here in Houston, so I am guessing that the coldness where I was is what dried my hands out again.
    We had a great time. She lives in such a small town(my hometown also) and going to visit is really relaxing. THe worst part was the drive. Being 2 hours long I had to pull over several times to wake myself up before I killed someone and myself and my 2 oldest children who were with me. The younger on stayed with her dad.
    Just one more year till my son gets his DL so he can take over the driving part.
    Well it has been great once again reading all the replies you guys have had. I hope each of you have a fantastic Thanksgiving. Just remeber to take it easy and don't overdo it. Your guest will survive if your house is not immaculate. They probably won't even notice. Make sure you ask for their help to clean up he mess after it is all over.Just sit back, relax and smile

Angie :B-fly:
    "The greater the obstacle the more joy in overcoming it"

Thanks

I have occasional tongue and mouth swelling, also. My tongue gets very irritated and red and I can't eat (because it hurts). I think sometimes it's a case of Thrush. Here's good advice... ask for a big bottle of Nystatin and just keep it in your fridge because you'll need it.

Thanks

lol! my weirdest syptom would probably be when my extremities turn blue and black when i'm cold or stressed.. possibly even the tens of bruises covering my body during a flare up

Thanks

hello, my name is anca , i am 22 years old and i have been diagnosticated 4 years ago. I have red what you wrote here but i did not heard of such simpoms in Romania. I had problems with stripes on my face and my kidneys. i had gain in weight becouse of the prednison but only that, nothing else. I talked with other persons who were diagnosticated with lupus and they do not have your simtomes .My treatment has the folowing medications: 100mg imuran and 7.5 mg prednison.

Thanks

Hi All...Strange symptoms..hmmmm
    Well my hands break out in blisters and then they peel. The face rash the pain etc. My joints and limbs feel like rubber, too heavy to move. does anyone else have problems telling if they have the flu or a flare-up? The worst is peeing myself, this always happens when I'm super flared. Anyone else in the "Depends Club"?