Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Weirdest Symptom?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default What's Your Weirdest Symptom?

What's Your Weirdest Symptom?

Mine is my tongue. It itches and swells sometimes. Ick.

Thanks

I have a roadmap of red lines all over my arms and legs. My doctor calls it mottled skin. It sure is ugly. Lupus has done nothing for my self esteem.

Thanks

I'm not sure this is a symptom, but a result of coumadin - I am usually covered with many bruises - I'm starting to get wierd looks from people and it's upsetting. I guess they think my husband's beating on me. Because of this, I finally started to tell some of my neighbors. I catch their stares sometimes when we talk. I agree, hippimom2, does a number on the self-esteem!

Thanks

Well... Being so new to this, ALL of my symptoms are weird to me... But the weirdest thing I think is that every now and then my tongue and lips will get tingley... I think it's medication related since I can't recall ever having that before I started meds...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Default worst,(freakiest!?) symptom

When I have a 'flare' within days yellow watery fluid will come out of my nose when I bend over and shake and/or turn my head to one side. This is not mucus in any way. It tests positive for glucose but has been determined NOT to be cerebral spinal fluid. Very strange! Any input?possibly related to some kind of inflamatory response?
    Thanks for letting me share!
    Tracy

Thanks

Default Confused here

I recently got a very uncomfortable painful massive sore/rash on my toes and between my toes. My toe joints were ver painful and walking brought tears to my eyes. The sore/rash appeared very rapidly (like overnight) and became open sores quickly. My HMO doctor subscribed Triamcinolone cream which made most of the sores/rash disappear in two days. However, after two weeks I am left with two very small sores left on one toe that won't heal. Can this be lupus related? Any input appreciated.

Thanks

My wierdest symptom are two little rash areas on my temples that get better when in the sun! Also, some wierd rash bumps on my toes, which seem to magically disappear at every doctor's appointment!
    Missy

Thanks

Hi, I have been reading all of the postings for several days and decided to join in. I have a doctors appt Wed but I got in a hurry and went to the hospital and got a copy of my lab results. Now I am scared. My ANA came back and the pattern is speckled. The # on the UL/mL is 8. I have been having problems for at least a couple of years. Mainly, my hands. The texture has changed, they are so dry, my fingers have lost pigments, they crack really back, and when they "flare up" I have little blisters. My joints are bad and I get rashes on my arms and legs. Also, I have red cheeks and chin. My first cousin had Lupus (deceased) and I have another cousin that is being tested now also. Does any of this sound familar? I don't really know what to ask...... :?

Thanks

Suzee-
    Welcome to the sight. This is a great place to come when you need to talk or when you are simply in need of a listening ear. I too have had very dry hands and fingers. I was officially diagnosed in August 2005 and I find different things happening all the time. My hands have been so dry over the past couple of weeks they actually snag against my pantyhose. the rest of me has been dry also but not to the severity of the hands.
    My worst nightmare is the fatigue/insomnia. Isn't it ironic to experience both of these together. I sometimes never get into my bed in a 48 hour period but then can't hold my head up to watch a movie.
    Yesterday and into last night my fingers /hands were tingling so bad, Does anyone know what this is from??
    I also have gotten these little areas of broken/discolored skin on top of one hand , down one forarm(inside area) and at the bend of my knees inside and arounf the inside of my ankle bone over the past 3 years.

Angie :B-fly:
    "The greater the obstacle the more joy in overcoming it"

Thanks

Hi Angie, I have some discoloration and some on the backs of my legs and thighs. Mostly the fingers and toes. I haven't have any trouble with insomnia, quite the opposite. I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere. I also have sleep apnea. I know what you mean about getting through a movie. So how long did it take you to get your dx? My doc started suspecting Lupus about three years ago and then I had back surgery and everything else kinda took a back seat. Now it have really progressed with the flares. Lymph nodes got really enlarged plus a bunch of other things. But my back surgery was a great success. I am loving this web site, I feel like I just got a bunch of wonderful friends. And I love friends!!
    Suzie