Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Joy Challenge

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default The Joy Challenge

Here's a link to an uplifting blog...

http://blog.dayspring.com/2009/08/40...y-day-one.html

And here's a snippet from the first page...

I have a confession. Joy doesn't come naturally to me. Empathy, yes. Guilt, yes. But joy, not so much. I'm not sure why this is exactly. Biology, theology, who knows.

I like to explain my tendency toward the melancholy a bit like this: When you let go of the steering wheel in your car it naturally drifts one way or the other. It's the same with my emotions. So it's up to me to intentionally grab the wheel and pull it back to center (with God's help, of course).

So I'm throwing down the gauntlet for myself. Over the next forty days I'm going to intentionally look for more of what brings me joy and tell you about it.

Saysusie is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You for sharing that. I have to admit that I do not find/exude joy as much as I once had. I am trying to find more reasons to have faith and, thereby, find joy!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 12-08-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

love it reminds me of the glad game played in the film pollyanna played by haley mills

heres is a few links i found
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna
    http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/con...ent=a783050753
    http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-glad-game.html#

i try to play as often asi can today would be my dad 53rd birthday but we lost when he was 50 no matter how i amabout how much i miss him i am glad i had in my life for that long and that we grew close before he died!! i am also glad i found all of you xxx

Thanks

That is great...but remember Joy is a fruit of the Spirit...it is of God and he is the one who manifests that in us...we, however, need to be receptive...I hope you are able to connect....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I really like the idea.

I recently experienced joy when we visited a living museum lit with Christmas lights. It was so beautiful and then the real joy . . . . the beautifully lit carousel playing Christmas music.

My husband, myself, and two children rode it and for three minutes; I felt the presence of my mother-in-law who loved carousels. It was as if she was there with us (she passed away from a seven year fight with cancer). For several minutes, I felt her warmth and loving presence. I felt carefree with no thoughts or worries. I looked over at my husband and children smiling and laughing; their faces full of joy. I smiled in joy at my husband who offered to help me down from the carousel.

God Bless,

Faith

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    I really like the idea.

I recently experienced joy when we visited a living museum lit with Christmas lights. It was so beautiful and then the real joy . . . . the beautifully lit carousel playing Christmas music.

My husband, myself, and two children rode it and for three minutes; I felt the presence of my mother-in-law who loved carousels. It was as if she was there with us (she passed away from a seven year fight with cancer). For several minutes, I felt her warmth and loving presence. I felt carefree with no thoughts or worries. I looked over at my husband and children smiling and laughing; their faces full of joy. I smiled in joy at my husband who offered to help me down from the carousel.

God Bless,

Faith
    Oh Faith,

That is beautiful.

Debbie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Here's a link to an uplifting blog...

http://blog.dayspring.com/2009/08/40...y-day-one.html

And here's a snippet from the first page...

I have a confession. Joy doesn't come naturally to me. Empathy, yes. Guilt, yes. But joy, not so much. I'm not sure why this is exactly. Biology, theology, who knows.

I like to explain my tendency toward the melancholy a bit like this: When you let go of the steering wheel in your car it naturally drifts one way or the other. It's the same with my emotions. So it's up to me to intentionally grab the wheel and pull it back to center (with God's help, of course).

So I'm throwing down the gauntlet for myself. Over the next forty days I'm going to intentionally look for more of what brings me joy and tell you about it.
    I think if we all get reminded, like you just did, we all can find some joy.
    I have dicovered this web site, that plays german music all day long. I have been listening to it for three days now. It took your post to make me realize, this music is giving me alot of joy, alot of memories from my family in Germany.
    So from now on, I will take the wheel and steer it to the center.
    Sometimes all we need is a reminder, to realize that we do have joy in our life.

Debbie

Thanks

ahh Debbie,

Thank you and I am happy to hear that my post helped someone even just a little. I am glad to hear you have taken charge of the steering wheel and are experiencing joy yourself. I do believe we can all experience joy, with God's help, even in the little things that most take for granted.

My Great Grandfather is from Germany and originally settled in Oklahoma and his siblings settled in Arkansas. It's a very uncommon american name, but common German name. What German station do you listen to?

I hope you had a very Happy New Year and many more blessings and joy.

God Bless,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Debbie...I'm glad you were blessed with joy. I'd love to visit Germany someday. Some roots to my family tree go back to Germany and I have always wanted to visit and explore those beautiful mountains. The closest I've ever came to enjoying Germany is visiting Helen GA years ago. Have you ever been there? Here's a link...
    http://www.helengeorgia.com/

Faith, that's a precious time you were blessed with. I can relate to that experience...I lost my stepdad to cancer in 03 and every now and then I'll get that feeling of closeness and it's something that words just can't fully express the comfort it blesses me with. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of other things I have to be thankful for. I love how God helps us with missing our loved ones. Sometimes I have dreams about my stepdad and they seem so real, when I wake up I feel like I've actually spent time with him and it's so comforting.

Heidi...Pollyanna is one of my most favorite movies. There are parts of it I know word for word from memory, I've seen it so many times. Every time it's on the tv, I end up sitting down and watching it again. I think I'll pull out our dvd of it today and watch it again. Thanks for mentioning it.

I'm so sorry for the grief you feel...((((hugs)))) I'm glad you had that closeness with your Dad.

Thanks

Abba...love this..I think we all should do this.
    Andrea