Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head Pain

Thanks

Default Head Pain

I know this sounds crazy but it's not a "head ache"..I have tremendous pain on my head and top of neck/base of head. I can touch the pain..like very sore muscles on my head..what the heck..I went to the GP today..said sinus infection but this is weird..anyone get head pain?? Could it be some weird effect from the Plaq I started recently??? Helllpppp!!! Getting unbearable..do I call the Rheumy??
    Andrea

Thanks

Hey there Pandagirl, no you are not crazy! If you are we both are, well, we all have to be a little bit crazy, right? haha, we do need to keep some humor in our lives. I hope you have better luck on this with your reumy than I have. Correct me if I am wrong but the pain is on both sides of your neck at the point where the muscles connect to the bottom of the skull, feels like you need to pop your neck to get rid of the pain, is this something like what you are experiencing? This is a daily ordeal whith me, Ibuprofen does help me quite a bit if you want to give that a try. Keep me informed how it goes and what you find out, K? Hope all goes well. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get pain like that a lot...my pcp called the back part of the pain the occipital ridge and the top, when it does hurt, is stemming from that pain. I'm still waiting to find out what causes it and why...but pcp blames it on the AI thing.

My migraine med helps with it sometimes...imitrex. It's worth seeing your rheumy about. You may be referred to a neuro. I was...who couldn't help with it...the guy was a quack.

((((Hugs)))) You're suffering with a lot of symptoms.

Thanks

It could be muscle pain. I have had it on my forehead, I couldn't touch it, it hurt so much, it was hot as well. I went to the doc. and he said that it was an inflamed muscle.

Debbie

Thanks

Jim, you have nailed it..it is both sides and it is miserable. It radiats up behind my ears. It actually started out last Thurs as a pain on my outer ear..it has now 'spread' to behind the ears and across the back of the head..down the center of my neck. I had fusion surgery several years ago at c-5/6 but I am usually really good..nothing like this before with the head pain.I also have soreness in the muscles on the sides of my neck. I feel like... I did my neck suffering time and can't handle that ordeal again! I have been taking ibuprophen like candy..only takes the edge off.I have to go to school confrence in a little while so no real meds til I get back..I don't want to be know as the mom who showed up stoned...lol.I am going to try a Valium later. I dont think I will be attending my Chritmas party tonite either...bummer. I have a call in to the rheumy...we'll see what he says..I'll keep you posted..thanks for your input...It is nice to know someone has the same thing sometimes..not that I want anyone to suffer, but,it helps the isolated feeling.
    Last edited by pandagirl; 12-03-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Andrea

Thanks

I agree panda, I hate to hear of any body suffering what all of us are going through but it does seem to help what is left of my sanity to know that I am not the only one going through certain things. I guess that I am fortunate enough that I am able to control mine with the Ibuprofen. I am greatfull that I think that I am coming out of this last flare, I was very tired this morning, overslept and had to call in to work for the third day in a row. Had blood tests done yesterday and am about to call reumy to see if they have recieved them yet. I need to find a good reumy a little closer to where I live, 2 hrs is just too far away. Good luck at your meeting and I hope you start feeling better and are able to attend your Christmas party. Sincerly Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey pandapops

So strange i get that too, but mainly when im flaring or tired, hope the rhuemo sorts it for ya

ISDM
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Default Update

Rheum called back tonight..says sounds like a giant spasm..take Valium next few days to break the cycle..I go back in 2 weeks anyway..hopefully better by then! I should be great at work tomorrow....
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Andrea...((((hugs)))) how was your work day?

Thanks

Abba..I actually had some relief today and made it thru the day..the pain is not gone but much better...not tooo many screaming kids in the office today( I work in a pediatric dental office..noise noise noise) not conducive to head pain... hahahaha
    Andrea