Thread: Scary stretch marks?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Scary stretch marks?

At the beginning of my treatment I began bloating HORRIBLY. I didn't notice how horrible it was til I saw my skin had ripped in thunderlike patterns. Now that some of the water and bloating is down, I have soooooooooooo many stretch marks, but they're not like normal white thin stretch marks. They're like half an inch wide and reddish and look more like cut scars. I have stretch marks on the top of my feet! Its ridiculous where I'm getting stretch marks! I mean my legs have always been lean and muscular and they have stretch marks, I even have a stretch mark on my shoulder! Who the hell gets fat shoulders? pssssh, anyhow- anyone else have this problem? If so, has it gone away?
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Thanks

hi, im had this problem too and im a guy though...
    i had it all over my back. one of the ways to get rid of stretch mark for me was rubbing some coconut cream. i applied it twice everyday, once in the morning and once at night. it took about a month to see some results.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Would that treatment work if it's been years since you got the marks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Would that treatment work if it's been years since you got the marks?
    i'm not a special dermatologist or anything lol...
    but i would have to say it wouldn't work because that skin has been in permanent damage years. for example if you get a scar, there are ways to treat it before it becomes permanent.
    another case is if you are growing, and younger people skin cells repair a lot faster than older people. i'm 20 years old right now, but i grew so my stretch mark started to fade away, also my skin cells repair a lot faster than an older person.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have an 18 yr old daughter that developed stretch marks on her legs about five years ago. She had gained weight but not enough to make her legs get marks like that. Doc blamed that on it but I'm not buying it. She has quite a time trying to hide them in summer.

Thanks

I just recently had this same thing happen to me. I blamed it on the prednisone, but the stretch marks are EVERYWHERE, and they seemed to develop overnight. I went on my honeymoon the week of July 11-19 with NO stretch marks, and by Aug. 1st I was so swollen everywhere that the stretch marks showed up. They are just like you described, about half an inch wide and anywhere from two to four inches long. It's crazy. Since mine just happened, I see no end in sight. I don't think it's gonna go away, but I've learned to accept them, most days. I hope this helps, and I hope you get some relief soon.

Have a great weekend!

~Amanda