Thread: Grandma is bursting with pride!

Thanks

Talking Grandma is bursting with pride!

OK, everyone - I've just got to share a proud Grandma story:
    One weekend recently, Hillary took grandson #1, David (who is 10 yrs. old) to Seaworld of San Antonio. They were having a fun Mom & son day. When they were giggling on their way to the Shamu show, a Seaworld manager approached them and asked David to be in the Shamu show!
    When David was handed the microphone, he lit up!
    Trainer: What's you're name? David: David Joseph W.!!
    Trainer: Where are you from? David: I'm from right here in San Antonio!!
    Trainer: What do you want to be when you grow up? David: I want to be an animal conservationist, so I can work at saving animals who are endanged species!
    Trainer: What did you come here for? David: To see Shamu!!
    That was the cue for Shamu to come up and practically kiss David.
    The manager and trainer were so impressed with David, they gave Hillary a card recommending that she take him to an audition.

Well, this weekend, they drove to Austin for the audition. Long story short, out of the 3000 kids who were interviewed, our David was one of 3 from Texas who were chosen to go to the finals at Disney World at Spring Break. There will be producers there from Disney, Animal Planet, Discovery Kids, ABC - every kids' show you can think of.
    David has dreamed of being the next Steve Irwin or Jack Hanna for a long time, so he's convinced that he's going to get "discovered" by Animal Planet.
    My daughter is in shock! She did this just so David could have a fun experience, and now she's being told that he has a good chance of being chosen for a kid's show or a commercial!
    Grandma is very, very proud!
    GrandmaMarla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You have every right to be beaming with pride.I hope all David's wishes come true we need more people who are knid and commpassionate. Have a good day. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

aaawwwww wooooowww thats fantastic i can imagine you having big cheesy grin and soo you should! got me fingerscrossed for him keep us informed xxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh fantastic news yipeeeeeeeee how exciting!!! xxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh, marla,

of course you are a proud grandma. anytime our little ones find reasons to be excited and confident, it is a proud moment in time. My money is on David....some day i will be watching him and saying...."i know his grandma".

congrats.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Wow, that's one of those out of the blue surprises that always seems to happen to other people, and never to anyone you know, let alone a family member. David must have one of those rare charismatic and outgoing personalities that is right at home behind a microphone and in front of a crowd. And he's interested in animal conservation and want's to be the next Steve Irwin as well. That is so cool! I can hear the pride in your words.

rob

Thanks

Wow, Marla! Sounds like your David is confident and at home behind the microphone-at a mere 10 years of age! Best wishes to him in his audition at Disney and let us know how it goes!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow...that is so cool, Marla! I look forward to hearing how things go Spring break!! Hurrah for David!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

That is so wonderful and certainly a story to be told for a long time! I know you are so proud. Keep us posted so that we can see him in his debut!!

Congratulations!!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!