Thread: update on endometrosis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default update on endometrosis

When i went to the rheumatologist this morning i took a copy of my surgery report on my hysterectomy in 1994 which said i had cronic endometreosis and ask him if this is realated to the lupus and myositis i have. He told me that endo is a connective tissue diease and it is not related to lupus and the autoimmune dieases. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mind boggling isn't it...so many opinions about it.

I hope you get treatment for this Bonita and don't suffer with it anymore. I suffered with it for a long time and the only thing that helped me was a hysterectomy. Tried everything but ablation...by then I was finished having babies and sure about the hysterectomy.

It's a nasty seriously painful problem to have to endure along with everything else. ((((Hugs))))

Thanks

OK, now I AM confused. My rheumy told me that I have Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, because I tested positive for several autoimmune diseases. Now yours says that endometriosis IS a connective tissue disease, but IS NOT related to autoimmune diseases? Somehow, that just doesn't make sense to me!
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

He said they are in somewhat the same family but one is and automune diease and attacks your body and the other is a connective tissue diease that attacks the tissue and that m,ine is not the cause of my dieases. It is a bit mind boggling for me also. And he also increased my methotrexate and i really did not want that but i trust him and will do as he says and hope for the best. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If Lupus can and does attack any organ, as do other AI diseases, I don't see why it can't also attack the uterus, which could displace endo cells/tissue creating an endo mess.

And also...what is creating the connective tissue mess? Woo... my brain hurts. lol.
    Last edited by abbasgirl; 11-24-2009 at 07:12 AM.