Thread: ear pain

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default ear pain

on and off for over a year now I have had some problems with what I am calling is a ear ache on my right side... It is not always there but when it comes it is bad.... It is killing me today and strated about 2 days ago... The dr can not solve the issue... My question is can this be lupus related ??? Does anyone else have this issue ???

It hurts so bad that it makes my throat sore and also makes my neck hurt sometimes but it feels like it is deep inside my ear...If I stick my finger in my ear and hold it there the pain seems to ease. I know that sounds crazy but I can't walk around all day with my finger in my ear...

What to do ..... I am so aggervated and ready to throw my hands up in the air and give up on all this right now....
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Has your doctor considered TMJ? Most patients with TMJ complain that their first symptom was chronic ear ache. Ear pain associated with the swelling of proximal tissue is a symptom of temporomandibular joint disorder. That is how my TMJ was discovered because I complained about the deep, chronic pain in my ear.
    Perhaps this is an option that you can discuss with your doctor. Here is some information about TMJ.
    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/tempo...article_em.htm

I wish you the very best
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((((hugs))))

TMJ may likely be the culprit.

I think I remember telling someone this here before, but can't remember. I had strange deep in the ear pain before. The doc at the time helped me figure out I was overworking the arm on that side, (painting our livingroom with a roller), and that it is all connected. Arm, neck, muscles around the ear and such. Prescribed flexeril for it, told me to rest my arm, and sure enough it went away in time. A while later it happened again, and I again took the muscle relaxer and rested, and it went away again.

It's sensitive to this day for some reason. Just the other day I could feel it starting up while playing baseball on the wii, for crying out loud. I noticed my arm started hurting, then my neck, my jaws, and i could feel that little bit of pain in my ear.

Ear pain is the pits!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is the pitts!! I take flexeril also. But, like you, depending on what I'm doing (or not doing), the deep ear pain often comes back. Also, like you, I have accompanying pain in my neck down to my shoulders!!! TMJ is a pain (no pun intended - lol)!!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i wonder if this is fibromyalgia related. There are so many pressure points down the neck and out to the shoulders, i think a connection might be plausible. I also get the pain deep down in my ear, and i have a lot of trouble with neck and shoulder pain, i have always associated with fms. Hmm, makes one wonder. I will ask my dr. when i see her in dec.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Absolutely it is related...one of the most common symptoms of Fibromyalgia is TMJ!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh here i am again...tmj/fibro i think it is.....i have it too!!
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Someone please explain exatly what TMJ is. All I know is that it stands for temperomandibular joint.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Default tmj

Scuba..TMJ does mean temperomandibular joint..many years ago the condition of jaw pain was referred to as "TMJ' as the condition ..which really makes no sense.There are many conditions in which you can have related to the TMJ. Now in the field most docs call it TM pain or TM syndrome. Not just plain old "TMJ" like back in the day.I hope that helps clear it up?
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey there Scuba...long time, no see...how are you?