Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dizzy/Can't Walk a Straight Line

Thanks

Default Dizzy/Can't Walk a Straight Line

I was doing some retail therapy today after a doctor's appt. I left a store and suddenly felt very dizzy and couldn't walk a straight line. My body kept wanting to go to the right and I was trying to get my feet to move to the left. Eventually, I was able to cross the parking lot and get to my car. I sat in the car to clear my head before driving home (45 mins).I started feeling nauseous, but battled the urge to vomit. I called my PCP on the way home to see if I could be seen. As soon as I got home the vomiting started. Twice before I left for the doctor (5 mins from house) and three times at her office. I started getting a headache. The neuro exam was normal. She thinks the nausea/vomiting is from the headache. I didn't have the headache until I'd vomited several times which indicates to me that I was getting dehydrated.

I got an injection of phenergan in my tush and told if vomiting cont to go to ER. I have been dozing since I got back home and vomited a couple more times. I've had a few sips of water. The headache remains.

Anywho, just wondering if anyone has had sudden onset of dizziness with the inability to walk a straight line? Lupus related or ?????
    Last edited by BonusMom; 11-17-2009 at 02:07 AM.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Do you have a high temp/fever? Flu maybe? Have you eaten something bad possibly, food poisoning? I wish I had more ideas. Sorry you are feeling so terrible.

Rob

Thanks

I feel for you. It happend to me last March, I woke up because of extreme dizzyness. Trying to get up out of bed, I kept falling back into the bed. Finally I got up and started walking, like a drunk, falling into the walls of the hallway, got to the living room and let myself fall on to the chair. If I didn't move my head at all, it wasn't to bad, but if I moved my head ever so slightly, I fell of the chair. I called for my husband, who was still sleeping, when he finally woke up, he had to take me to the bathroom, because I was nauseated. But I did not have a headache.
    I called my primary and got in at 8 am, he gave me a precription called ANTIVERT, it started helping after 3 days. The doc thinks it was an inflammation of a nerve in the ear.
    For the last 2 months, I have had alot of dizzyness, but not like I had it before. My new rheumy thinks it is lupus related.
    Hope this helps.

Debbie

Thanks

Prior to getting dizzy I felt great. Heck, I'd gotten a bra fitting and some pretties at Nordy's. (which I highly recommend to all our WHL ladies).before the dizziness hit. No fever or other flu like symptoms. I don't think I ate anything bad but who knows for sure.

Granted, I have gastroparesis which causes a lot of vomiting after meals, however, not the dizziness. I felt like a drunken soldier veering in to the parking lot.

The headache seems to be gone (was still around at 7:00 so I called in sick), but I won't be going out in to the bright sun anytime soon.
    Last edited by BonusMom; 11-17-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks

Have you ever been told that you might have migraines? I can get one very easily if I'm exposed to something that I'm allergic to, such as cigarette smoke or (get this) a perfume that has certain plant extracts in it. When I walk through a department store, I avoid the ladies' perfume dept.
    Three out of my four daughters were also diagnosed with migraines when they were teens. All three of them attended "headache clinics" to learn how to recognize and deal with them.
    Your dizziness, vomiting and avoiding the light sure sounds like a migraine.
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

How are you feeling today Bonusmom? Any break from the dizzy head and nausea? Say hello when you can.

Rob

Thanks

Feeling better, but not ready for a night on the town.

I had a prior history of migraines (since I was 13) and hadn't had one in at least 7 years, so I wasn't ready to consider this a migraine, plus the fact that I never had a problem walking straight (unless inebriated, of course) and the dizziness. But I think you're right on the money with this one Marla because I went to get my labs drawn yesterday morning and I started getting the tell tale aura of nasty things to come when I was in the sunlight.

Let's just hope this episode doesn't repeat itself any time soon 'cause I didn't like it one bit!

Thanks

Wink

It comes from all those years of dealing with the girls having them - I know how to spot 'em.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    It comes from all those years of dealing with the girls having them - I know how to spot 'em.
    You mean it's not just because I'm blonde that I'm dizzy and can't walk a straight line????

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom View Post
    You mean it's not just because I'm blonde that I'm dizzy and can't walk a straight line????
    Ah, that explains my three blonds, too! Is that why the oldest one, who is a brunette, never had migraines?