Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sores on my scalp

Thanks

I dont want to tell them. Because I dont want to get yelled at about it.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rizbit;
    You should consider that stopping some meds can actually be dangerous and you could be causing unnecessary harm to yourself. I agree with Magistramarla, discuss your meds with your doctor to determine if they can be adjusted so as not to cause you so many problems. But, it can be extremely dangerous to stop some meds on your own..many have to be tapered in order to eliminate detrimental (sometimes fatal) effects! Please discuss this with your doctors.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Rabitz -
    What did you quit taking? Sounds to me like your doing whats best for yourself - since you are still taking your prednisone and cellcept - IMO some of these meds are worse than the symptoms, only you can make that decision. Stand up to the DR though and tell him what's up. He works for you you know -

so more about these nasty sores - has anybody found a shampoo that particularly helps? I've been having a run on them lately too and I think my hair is coming out - everytime I shampoo I get gobs of hair everywhere. YIKES! thank goodness I don't see a bald spot yet.
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Thanks

Karen,
    Denorex has worked for me - doesn't smell very nice, though.
    Marla

Thanks

Plaquenil, norvasc, asprin, culturelle, and a sleeping med

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy scalp sores!!

My scalp feels like hamburger. it is so full of sores it hurts to have water touch my head. my hair is really falling out bad right now. I don't know what to do? I bought some head and shoulders last night since it is medicated I hope it works. I tried it and it feels somewhat better but am really worried abot the hair loss, and itchy hamburger scalp. Is it medication causing this or the lupus? I am already on 20mg of prednisone so I don't know how they are going to combat this. any suggestions anyone??
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Thanks

I get them if I don't wash my hair everyday. Going more than two days without washing my hair and they start to spread. Im sure it's dischoid, so, not worrying about treating them. I know they're always there, waiting to become inflamed, so, I try to wash my hair every day. When I miss a day, or worse, two, I just deal with it. I've had them since my first huge flare back in 1982.