Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: endometreosis

Thanks

Phyllis,
    It's doula. That's sort of the job I did as the midwife's assistant. I would break out the equipment and sterile packs and give the hubby breaks by doing things like massaging the mother's back or coaching her with her breathing. I once saw one lady in transition haul off and actually break her hubby's nose because he couldn't do back massage as well as I could! It was quite a privilege to be one of the first people to touch a new life. I usually coached the dad in giving the baby a Leboyer bath, but I loved it when they chickened out and I got to do it!
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks for correcting my spelling, i knew i had butchered doula. I was amazed at how amber's doula was able to keep total calmness in the room. She worked with nurses, the doctor, the father, and yes, a nervous grandma to be.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    Sorry if the spelling is wrong. Can anybody give me and answer to this i was told that this is and autoimmune or connective tissue diease and in 94 i had a complete hysterectomy and oopherectomy becaus eof this and maybe my lupus and myositis started then. Bonita
    Bonita, I've been doing some digging about that question and have found some interesting links. One in particular goes over my head.

I can't make much sense of this link, can anyone else?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15790342

Causes of Endometriosis - mentions autoimmune disorders
    http://www.endo-resolved.com/cause.html

Autoimmune disease more likely with endometriosis...
    http://www.uklupus.co.uk/news47.html

Thanks

Abbasgirl,
    These are some great sites. The first one was a little technical, but I think that it was generally saying that while women with EM don't necessarily also have SLE, or visa versa, there is some correlation between EM and some forms of AI diseases.
    I really liked the second site. It was very clear. I think that it is worth quoting for all to read:
    * Auto-immune disorder - Of all the theories being postulated for the cause of Endometriosis, the idea that this disease is an autoimmune disease seems the very likely, credible and feasible. Autoimmune diseases are now widely believed to occur based on genetic predisposition that may be triggered by environmental and other external factors.

Many women with Endometriosis are susceptible to other Autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and Meniere’s disease. In women who do not have Endometriosis, the stray particles of endometrium are not allowed to survive, they are destroyed by the immune system. In women with Endometriosis a dysfunctional immune system may permit the continuous growth of stray endometrial cells, which then develops into Endometriosis. Interestingly, dioxins have a damaging effect on the human immune system. http://www.endo-resolved.com/cause.html
    This truly answers the questions that we've been discussing on this thread.
    Thanks for finding this!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My two grandaughters were preemies. One weighed 1lb 6 ounces and was born at 26 weeks and is in her second year of college with straigh as and the other weighed 3 lbs 6 ounces and has a mild case of cerebal palsy and is in nursing school and no one could ever tell my daughter why they were born early so maybe some of this goes back to them having a connective tissue diease or some of my genes were passed on but it is worth looking into. Bonita All of this seems to be unrafaling into more and more of a mystery