Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newly diagnosed and freaked, severe hair loss

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hair Loss oh my! Mine has actually slowed down since I start on Plaquenil and pednazone. I thought it was thyroid, which I don't have. Now I can also blame SLE. Don't let it bother you. Mine has always been cyclic.

Enjoy Life to the best of your ability; it helps.
    Nonna

Thanks

I had one really severe bout of hair loss and that was right before I got diagnosed with Lupus. The hair eventually came back in, but it came back in curly. I guess it was the steroids that made the hair loss stop, but not to sure. Hang in there. Your hair will return.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I too experienced hair loss in the early stages of my disease, this was about 13 years ago...
    I believe it was the cellcept as well, started thinning then just came out in lumps, but grew back normally after the meds were stopped
    Also I agree with saysusie, It does depend on what is causing the hair loss.
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I too experienced hair loss in the early stages of my disease, this was about 13 years ago...
    I believe it was the cellcept as well, started thinning then just came out in lumps, but grew back normally after the meds were stopped
    Also I agree with saysusie, It does depend on what is causing the hair loss.
    dont you still take medications though?
    my hair loss seems to have stopped but its still very noticeable the amount of hair i have compare to my brother.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about your hair loss...I too went through a period where I had extreme hair loss. It is thin and long now. I gotta tell ya that hats and I have a few wigs I dare wear at night now until I am off of prednisone per my doctor. Hopefully you will find a solution and your hair will grow back and be full again. I know I can't wait. Strangley hair grows like wild flowers everywhere but my head!