Thread: Movies

Thanks

Default Movies

Seen any good movies lately? The last one I saw was Constantine. I was raised Catholic, so I got most of the references and thought it was pretty funny. Sort of like Dogma, only less in-your-face.

Have any favorite movies?

I'm crazy-nusty-cuckoo about Jaws, The Usual Suspects, Some Like It Hot, The Princess Bride, and Yankee Doodle Dandy (with James Cagney)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

AHA!
    I am a sci-fi fanatic and my all-time favorite is "ALIENS". My daughter teased me because I knew the dialogue for the entire movie. I even used some of the dialogue on my computer - for instance:
    instead of the "beep" sound for error - my computer says "Get away from her you B----!" lol

Anyway..the best movies that I've seen this summer have been
    "War of the Worlds"
    "Batman Returns"

I am chomping at the bits to see the Grimms Brothers, but the critics hated it.

Saysusie

Thanks

You know, I haven't seen any NEW movies in forever... But my ALL TIME FAVORITES (The ones I watch a MILLION times and know backward and forward) When Harry Met Sally (I can act out the whole thing for you if you want) and don't laugh... Okay go ahead, laugh... Rocky Horror Picture Show... I LOVE that movie!! It is the cheesiest, but I love it!!!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Katalanta, I love "Yankee Doodle Dandy", too!

Some of the other movies I seem to watch ad nauseum are "Poseidon Adventure", "Airport", "Dirty Dancing", "A League of Their Own", "Billy Jack", "Falling Down", (don't laugh) "Spice World", and "Yellow Submarine." (We have all of these on DVD and play them during the day while we work - husband and I work from home.)

Thanks

Default Movies

The best movie I've seen lately has been Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Jonny Depp was outstanding as was the story and the happy ending. You have to have a quirky sense of humor though or you may not like it as much.

We also just saw Sky High and it was fun.

Andyman

Thanks

Can't wait to see "Charlie & Chocalate ...." - never seem to get to the theater on time, so thank god for Netflix, but I love Johnny Depp and all his quirkiness.

I've loved recently rentals Motorcycle Diaries, Wedding Date (totally predictable, but fun) and am addicted to Six Feet Under now that it's rentable. It's practically like a movie......
    Missy

Thanks

Default Re: Movies

Quote Originally Posted by andyman
    The best movie I've seen lately has been Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Jonny Depp was outstanding as was the story and the happy ending. You have to have a quirky sense of humor though or you may not like it as much.

We also just saw Sky High and it was fun.

Andyman

Just saw this film last week. I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan, so of course I loved it! But my husband also loved it, and he's a major fan of the original Gene Wilder movie.

Thanks

Default Movies

I'll have to check out Six Feet Under. I've never really taken the time to watch it. One show that I love, but I think it may be going off the air is Dead Like Me. Another quirky one but really good.

Andyman