Thread: hearing loss - yikes

Thanks

Default hearing loss - yikes

I think I should take myself off of plaquinel - I have had a constant (loud) tinnitus and look what I learned -
    maybe you already knew this -
    anyone have a hearing problem on this drug?

http://www.lareb.nl/documents/kwb_2005_3_hydro.pdf
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Thanks

Talking

I've had Meniere's Syndrome for over 10 years, so my hearing is already pretty bad. I've read that Plaquenil can affect hearing, but I figured that if it helps me to feel better, it's worth it. The Meniere's will make me deaf sooner or later, anyway.
    You'll love my hubby's comment - He says that someday when we're both in a nursing home, he'll get by with "visiting" the old lady next door. Because of the Meniere's, I won't hear it. If I do find out, I won't be able to chase him because of my arthritis. I probably won't remember by the next day, since Alzheimer's also runs in my family.
    This is what my Dear Hubby's sense of humor is like!
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

marla, that is too funny. Once i told Jim that i was about to the point of just going out back and shooting myself (i was just kidding around). His response was "you don't have the energy or the strength to pull the trigger". Strange sense of humor, but i had to laugh, because it was true.
    ............karenboss, i am sorry about the problems you are having. I once felt that my eyesight was being affected, you are faced with one of the many difficult decisions that we are required to make. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.
    Last edited by mountaindreamer; 11-09-2009 at 11:44 AM.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Marla and Mountaindreamer,
    I think having hubbies who can make you laugh even in the midst of all the crud we go through is one of life's great blessings! You have to have a sense of humor with this, or you just wallow!!
    Love and blessings!
    Deb
    PS Marla, have you seen the new V yet? Watcha think? I am loving flashforward right now, too.
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Thanks

Hi karenboss,
    I am sorry to hear of your ear trouble. I have quite a bit of hearing loss already, runs in the family. I am on Prednisone right now, but my doc wants me to start plaquenil after this round.. this is something to think about. I really don't need to lose more hearing! Let us know what you decide,
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Thanks

Cool

Bunnie,
    Of course, we've watched the new V. Jeff liked it, but I wasn't too impressed. I just felt that the plot was all too obvious. Of course, it sort of kills the excitement when you already know the story from the old series. Jeff was a little ambivalent about them placing the visitors here already as "terrorists". He shook his head, since that wasn't the "real" storyline. I think that Dr. Who does the whole lizards masquerading as humans thing better.
    Fast Forward has me spellbound. It is such a well drawn out mystery, and there is nothing obvious about that plot.
    We're also really enjoying Stargate Universe and Sanctuary on Friday evenings. The last Sanctuary was a real spine-tingling "what if?" kind of sci-fi. Those two shows are followed by Numb3rs, so our Friday nights are full. It is definitely our night to kick back with a couple of drinks and enjoy.
    Your friendly nerd,
    Marla

Thanks

I think I will stay on it until January wehn I see dr again. It has so improved my joint pain.
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Thanks

Sorry tha you've had tinnutis since starting Plaquenil. I've had great improvement with joint pain since starting it. I've not had any issues with tinnitus. I have ruptured my ear drums many times in my 44 years as I always seemed to have an ear infection as a kid so I may have some hearing loss associated with that. I've not noticed a difference with my hearing in the 11 months since taking Plaquenil. Hopefully, it's just a coincidence with the timing and not associated with the meds.