Thread: Healthcare bill passed in the House of Reps...

Thanks

Default Healthcare bill passed in the House of Reps...

Did everyone, esp. those from US, here that the health care bill passed in the House??? It's now going to the Senate. I know this is just a small step on the road to getting health care, but it really excites me. I, as I'm sure probably some of you, do not have insurance, and I have had a very difficult time finding insurance that doesn't cost $500 a month with $5000 deductible. It's ridiculous. Just curious about everyone's thoughts

~Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am praying that the bill will pass in the Senate and will not be held up by filibustering on the part of the Republicans.

I hope it will not take forever for it to take effect. I heard somewhere that it could take up to ten years for all of it to be implemented on the part of employers.

The Republicans have fought this bill every step of the way. Only one Republican in the House from Louisiana voted for it. I don't think this says much for the Republicans.

Thanks

I'm one of those lucky people who is covered by a government-sponsored insurance program, but I still have lots of insurance hassles. Many people have seemed surprised that my hubby and I are all for the health care bill. I'm also hoping that the Senate for once hurries up and does something good for this country. Unfortunately, the Republicans will do everything in their power to drag it out and try to ruin it. They need to be muzzled!
    Thanks to the fact that my hubby works for the AF, we can change insurance plans when open season comes along, and the new company is not allowed to refuse me because of my pre-existing conditions. That's something that I would like to see available to everyone. We've had a huge problem with Aetna since moving to Ca. In Texas, they were an HMO. They did everything they could to wriggle out of paying for some things, but we managed with them fairly well. Here in Northern Ca, Aetna is a "consumer driven PPO". I heard on CNN this weekend that this is just a code for "High deductible PPO". In this system, they pay for the first $2500 each year, then we pay the next $1500, then they kick back in with paying 90%. After a huge move, we just can't afford $1500. My doc wants a MRI, but one MRI would more than wipe out that $2500.
    Open season starts today, so we're going to switch to Blue Cross/Blue Shield. It has much better coverage, so after the new year, I'll be able to get my MRI and it will be covered.
    I know that my problems are small compared to so many other people, especially you, Amanda. I think that it is very sad that anyone has to choose to put off medical care because of money. Our health should come first.
    This is my opinion. Please let the bill pass! I really wish that we could switch to the kind of public health care that the UK, Canada, and so many other civilized countries enjoy, but I know that the Republicans won't let that happen in the near future.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I really do not know if this is a good thing or not and will it hurt people on medicare because i am already in the gap till the end of the year again with my drugs. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i absolutely believe that there is an immediate need for health care reform. Everyone deserves the right to medical care, and it should not cost us an arm and a leg. However, i am certainly concerned with the impact on medicare patients, and i am not sold on the idea of some stranger in the government being able to dictate what care i am allowed to receive. I worry that we will not have access to the newest treatment options. Also, I still have not heard congress and the senate telling us that they will be on the same plan. When they receive the same care as the rest of us, then i will be on unquestionably on board. I believe there is a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done along with implementing new plans.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I'm SO glad you guys feel this way. Being in college, I have a wide array of friends. One of my best friends is a Republican, but he's what I like to call a liberal republican. Part of this is because of me. He and I have become rather close of the last few years. He first thought the health care bill was an abomination, then he saw how bad I was suffering just because NO ONE would give me insurance because of my pre-existing conditions. He has definitely made a complete reversal, and is praying that the bill passes for people like me. It's always nice to know that you can help people open their eyes, but especially when it's friends and/or family. I'm right there with you guys. This bill can't be passed fast enough for me. I just wasn't sure if everyone on here would feel the same way. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my begging for this new health care reform. I might would actually get to go to the doctor every time I needed to, and not worry about choosing food or medicine or bills or doctor's appointment. Oh I almost cried when I saw it passed in the House, and Thank God for us finally having a President with the guts to try for this! Now it's up to the Senate. Let's all keep praying it passes. Okay, off to class. I'm running late because I just HAD to write this.

Have a great day everyone!
    ~Amanda