Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why some never come back

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    thanks tammy, that was beautiful.........Heidi - a georgia peach, wow what a small world. I know which air force base you are talking about, i watch military planes from there each day. Now, i will think of you each time i see one of the planes.
    yer i still have some family on my dads out there to, as well tenneasse, and albama and many other place in the states( sorry was in usa long enough for complete usa history!! well that my excuse and sticking to it lol! )
    i would actually like to do a tour of states and visit all my blood family and all my whl family in one big go!! think it would take me abotu a year!!! hehe but getting back on subject! . . . . .

. . i like idea of polls also think maybe some sort of sectoin where people can ask about how to get about the site i know i still struggle now if i want to look for something particular in a thread its why i end up starting alot of threads only idea might even be away and i just don't know about it lol!! x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

LOL lala

Noticed you like the arcade somewhat....like me
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Rob,
    OK, here's my idea, borrowed from the Officers' Wives' Club. Perhaps we need a Newcomer's Chairperson - someone who has been designated to keep an eye on the Newcomer's Forum and will befriend them and guide them to the other fora.
    Perhaps several of the "old-timers" can take turns being the Newcomer's Chairperson. I've seen Rob doing this on his own, but it would be nice if the rest of us would pitch in, too. How about volunteering to be NC for one month at a time?
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla and heidi, I love love love both of your ideas. I think comprising an easy starters guide to exploring the forum would be of great benefit. Also, i love the idea of a NC (newcomer's chairperson) for a volunteered amount of time. Rob and Saysusie each do an incredible job of watching out for us and protecting us from spammers and abusers, and if they are in agreement, i agree with both of these ideas.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Phyllis -
    What a great thread! I love Marla's idea of the welcome committee! My suggestion is that either there be a way to duplicate a newbie's first posting to the New Member's page so we can see when they post in case we miss it on one of the other pages OR I remember there were perimeters to what you could post as a new member so if you are required to post in New Members section within your first 3 posts/comments that would guide new members there as well. Really I guess these ideas would be something that Conrad would have to work out.

Also - I was reading what you all said about why people don't stay and, having checked out alot of other forums/support sites, I would add to that list that this site is a place that is based on positivity and love. As much as that is what we all love about WHL, there are ALOT of other people living with AI diseases, or sickness in general, who only want to (fill in the B word that means complain) and who feed on negativity and complaints and other's misery. To those people, we are not a good fit for them, and I say good thing too!

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi sandy, wow, you are getting technical, but some great ideas. These posting guidelines could be included in the general forum navigation instructions.........I too love the positive attitude that we share with each other, but I am most impressed with the non-judgemental and accepting nature of our members. Sometimes we all just need to get something off of our chests, the great thing is that there is always someone around ready to help us back up.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Rob,
    OK, here's my idea, borrowed from the Officers' Wives' Club. Perhaps we need a Newcomer's Chairperson - someone who has been designated to keep an eye on the Newcomer's Forum and will befriend them and guide them to the other fora.
    Perhaps several of the "old-timers" can take turns being the Newcomer's Chairperson. I've seen Rob doing this on his own, but it would be nice if the rest of us would pitch in, too. How about volunteering to be NC for one month at a time?
    Marla
    Excellent idea Marla. Let me ponder that idea for a bit, and see what other ideas come up, and also see what Saysusie thinks. I definitely think your idea is do-able.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    Phyllis -
    What a great thread! I love Marla's idea of the welcome committee! My suggestion is that either there be a way to duplicate a newbie's first posting to the New Member's page so we can see when they post in case we miss it on one of the other pages...

Sandy
    Many newcomers make their first post in an existing thread, and they can easily slip by and get lost in the crowd. I try to watch out for this and let people know that they will be far more visible if they start their own thread with it's own title, but I don't always catch up with all of them. For someone not familiar with an internet forum such as this, I'm sure some don't realize they've put their important first hello in a thread where it gets lost in the crowd. I'm sure some think they are being ignored, and do not come back.

We'll have to run your ideas across Conrad and see what he thinks as he handles the technical stuff.

One thing we can do, is if one of you see's a newbie post their 1st post in an existing thread, send them a message about making it their own thread and intro so they don't slip through the cracks. Or, an easier way would be to simply make a note of it and send me a pm with the users name, and I'll send them a message and get them on track. Although I don't post every day, I am here at least 3 times a day, every day, and I have pop-up notices here and on my pc desktop that tell me if I've recieved a pm here so I can respond as quickly as possible. I put a priority on any issues or questions having to do with site and members concerns.

So far you guys have some good ideas, keep them coming.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 11-09-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am thankful for WHL and its members that have reached out to me. As the saying goes...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink! So, sometimes people just want to vent for the moment and find support and others stick around. Like going to meetings or church or belonging to any group for that matter. I don't think the numbers are what is important I am happier with the quality in those numbers and I have to say the quality of members that check on me/vice versa or who provide input is outstanding!

Thanks

I guess some people are just "fishing' around for answers and either they don't think this is what they really suffer from or they might not want to know All I know is everyone here gets "it". Unless you suffer with this nasty disease you don't understand. People have said the most ignorant things to me and I just don't know how to respond sometimes. If ever I were to say I feel my leg "buzzing" during the day, my co workers would be like... whhatttt? I know you understand and it is a great feeling to not have to explain 'it' and get so many helpful answers to so many questions.Thanks to all of you !<3
    Andrea