Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: why some never come back

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This thread made me wonder, has anyone seen SitsintheCorner recently? There's another person I miss!
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

Hi all -
    I have to say that this site - from what Ive seen out there - is the most welcoming site out there. I know that even before I was officially "Dxd" and was being dragged through the tortuous "limboland", I was treated here with love and compassion and support. Never was I given anything but reliable info and empathy from the members. I dont know of any other group where someone posts that they are new and no less than 5 (usually more) ppl welcome them - no matter what they have, dont have, been Dxd with.
    I am in NO WAY saying that doing more is a bad idea - incidentally, MountainDreamer, I find your constant love and support for everyone quite beautiful and inspiring - but I have to agree that alot of people prefer to read and not post as much, and that the quality of people here - with regards to both info and compassion - is enormous.
    In any case, I would be happy to be involved in any type of "welcoming committee"!! Mountain Dreamer, its people like you that make people like me feel encouraged enough to fight this disease. And, incidentally, you are certainly in good company on this site! Thank you..
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Beautifully said Lauri! I certainly cherish Mountaindreamer for her gifts of compassion! In fact, as you mentioned, everyone here is, in their own way, a gift!!

Numpty; I have not seen SITC for quite some time. I am going to do a search to see when she last posted!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Of course, the flip side of the coin is that it's always great when people do come back after being gone for awhile. It's a nice reunion to see Lauri, Numpty, and so many others again. I have not heard from Susan (SITC) in a couple of months. I'll send her an E-mail.

Rob

Thanks

This is ALWAYS my first stop when my computer gets fixed!! I shouldnt be gone any longer tho...this laptop is new and working just fine..YEAH!! Its SO MUCH BETTER being connected to others when youre sick. For me anyway. Not there are not days that I can even think of OPENING the laptop nevermind typing....I def have those days too.
    But I must say - its was nice to be missed!! LOL.
    :lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
    The thing that makes it hard for me to come back is.....I have trouble remembering my login
    Too funny. I have mine written on a little piece of paper taped to the side of my pc! I've been a member for two years, and a mod for one. I'm here every day, but brain fog still causes me to forget! Grrr.

Rob

Thanks

Hi mountain dreamer, its a shame if people dont keep coming, I have just found this site, through searching the web, and it seems wonderful!!! just read some welcome posts, and they were very supportive, and obviously people have a sense of humour!! mvery important with an autoimmune disease. Anyway, hopefully this site is going to be vefy useful to me, and therefore others too!!!
    mabeljane

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

SITC's last activity here was on August 4, 2009. I've sent her a PM 'cuz I could not find her e-mail address. Rob, did you send her an e-mail??

Mabeljane; We are so happy that you are here and that you feel that this site can be useful to you. That is our purpose, to help you in any way that we can!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mountaindreamer,

I just logged on and came across your name and I was curious to read what you had to say. Yes, thankyou, I don't ever post anything because the last time I did I was unable to navigate my way around here to read other people's responses to my questions. I guess I need to become a bit more savy with this technology..haha I absolutely love this site, I am on it all the time reading. So if you have any pointers on what or where I should be going please let me know. Thanks,

Cindy,
    Be well

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi everyone....wow, i have sure enjoyed reading all of the responses...thanks to each of you. this forum is truly a family, and is a daily part of my life....i appreciate and cherish all of you.

Cindy, please don't worry about getting lost here....i still get lost and have been a member for over a year. ha ha ha - but no one is surprised that i get lost - i am certified "computer illiterate". Just keep hopping around and see if you get more comfortable with the site. If not, i suggest you do as i do, and send a message to Rob....he is my on-site "help me i am lost" expert.

You know, i think we do an excellent job here, and believe we should just keep doing what we do....we are supportive, non-judgemental, and we always circle around anyone who needs a little extra encouragement.
    Phyllis

share a smile today