Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why some never come back

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default why some never come back

I am starting a "brain storming" thread. I have noticed so many new members who come here, post once or twice, and never return. I was wondering if there might be something that we could do as a group, that would raise our welcome above those at other sites. It might be that many of the new members just choose not to participate in a forum, and not that they choose another group over us. But, i would love it if we could think of something that would make them want to hang around long enough to see what we are all about, and what we can offer them. I am absolutely positive that the knowledge that i have gained from the generous sharing of personal experiences here at WHL, is the main reason that i have learned how to have a life while living with a painful and debilitating chronic disease. I wish no one had to face this disease alone...........and now, a second note, I continue to have problems with posting here at whl. New paragraph commands, and emoticon insertions just don't work for me (surely it is not user error, yeah right), and poor Rob, Saysusie, and Conrad have all tried to solve the problem, but it won't go away. So, after much worrying over this problem, i have decided to use multiple (............) to indicate a new subject. So, i will continue to be the whacky old lady from georgia who continues to struggle with all of this new technology - yeah, go ahead, laugh at me, my own kids just giggle and run when i mention computer problems...............my love to all of you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I can't figure out the emoticons either, Mountain Dreamer, so you're not alone.

As to the Hit and Runs, I think that people are researching their symptoms and when they come across the forum they ask questions and then, when they figure out the don't have have SLE, they abandon us (sniff, sniff). When I looked the other day at how many registered memebers we have, I was astounded! Then, you see how many of the users have -0- posts, I wonder how that could be. Perhaps Rob or Conrad could enlighten us???

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i second that bonusmum but i also think it could be just getting used to it all i know it took me awhile to post but now you can't shut me up!! hehe well some times then when either other life stuff takes over or not well brain memory wise!!

on a different front phyllis i'm originally from georgia i was born on a airforce bases near alanta! mum used to cal me her gorgian peach! x

Thanks

I just want to say, to anyone who is reading this, and is thinking of not coming back, WHL is a place where you will meet amazing people, make new friends, and be able to share what is on your mind, with great feedback from people who are experiencing the the same thing. Although I do not post so often, I keep myself updated each day, with all the new posts. For me WHL is a place where I can come to, and know that I am not alone. I don't know anybody around me who has lupus, so nobody really understands the way I feel. Coming to this forum helps because I know that most of us are going through the same thing, and although I have never actually met anyone on here, I still feel like i'm apart of something. Since learning about my autoimmune problems 2 years ago, this is probably the safest i've ever felt. Coming here has taught me, that together we can help, not only ourselves, but each other.
    Tammy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks tammy, that was beautiful.........Heidi - a georgia peach, wow what a small world. I know which air force base you are talking about, i watch military planes from there each day. Now, i will think of you each time i see one of the planes.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom View Post
    I can't figure out the emoticons either, Mountain Dreamer, so you're not alone.

As to the Hit and Runs, I think that people are researching their symptoms and when they come across the forum they ask questions and then, when they figure out the don't have have SLE, they abandon us (sniff, sniff). When I looked the other day at how many registered memebers we have, I was astounded! Then, you see how many of the users have -0- posts, I wonder how that could be. Perhaps Rob or Conrad could enlighten us???
    Unfortunately, the majority of "people" you see on the members list are spammers, and many, are not even people. They are "bots" of one sort or another. Bots are automated programs spammers use to flood message boards/forums with spam. A better way to gauge an actual number for how many members we have, is to look at the active members number at the bottom of the main site page. I believe right now we have about 170 active members, not bad.

As far ideas for better welcomes, I am all ears, and open to any ideas you guys have.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I for one are so glad i found this site. It has enlightened me so much on things i had questions about and i have met so many kind and caring people who are in my shoes and i am thankfull for each and every one of you. Love and prayers Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey mountain....

I like this thread its a good one,

we have the arcade what more could ppl ask for lol

i would like to see more polls...me....i like them o0o0o0o there goes an emote lol about the only one i use here

ISDM
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't post often, but I read alot, and play in the arcade alot...
    Grace and Peace,
    Laura
    I have loved you with an everlasting Love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't know why! I love this site it has been very helpful for me in dealing with my issues. I don't know what I would do if this site didn't exit! Thank you all for being there for me!
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪