Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plaq

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pandagirl View Post
    Thank you ladies...yes Angel I was busy for a while and hadn't been on much. My computer is in my basement and sometimes I am just lazy... and now it is getting chilly here in Jersey..basement has very little heat.Cold = ouch. I started on 50mg..now 100 mg..so far just slight upset stomach on and off. As long as no rash I am happy.. I get hives from EVERYTHING! Several years back I developed 'food allergies'..I kept saying "it's like my immune system is going haywire"..but they only were treating the symptoms ..not the cause. I am sure it was the Lupie beginning...to weird, so many positive skin tests...even to things I CAN eat.
    Hey lady,
    The first thing you have to do, is get your Computer from the basement into your livingroom.
    My new rheumy put me on plaquanil today, he told me to start with one pill 200 mg a day for one week and then go to two pills a day 400 mg.
    I hope it is working for you. I am starting mine on monday, after my bloodtest.

Debbie

Thanks

Bless you ladies for the compliments...when my hair is straight like in this pic I do look younger than "normal"..I have really curly bushy hair, 1980's Jersey hair!!lolol..My kids tease me alll the time. I am sorry to hear your children are symptomatic as well. My 23 yr old has had weird "stuff" over the years. Tendinitis/fatigue/asthma/sleep disorder/(sleep eats!)/rashes...ect.. The most serious being an attack of pancreatitis that no one to this day has figured out. I feel so bad when she is really fatigued and achy and is trying to go to school and work. My little one..11yrs has Seavers disease(name for Tom Seaver..big name, small prob) tendinitis of the heels..is it the beginning for her as well???ughhh.I hate to say.. I'm glad I am not alone.I have such guilt.
    Andrea

Thanks

Hi Andrea,
    I started the same medication about 8 weeks ago or so. I have started to see some improvment in my energy level and some days my level of pain. It did affect my stomach a bit thought. I am still waiting on only my 2nd set of labs from my Rhuemy, so I am pretty new to all of this even the pain. My symptoms only started about 5 months ago (feels like years ago =)) but I guess I am luck my GP recognized the symptoms. Keep in touch, I am interested to see if the meds work. It seems like I learn more about this disease from others than I do from my doc. Probably normal!>!

Lupie hugs!!

Thanks

Debbie..I am doing something even better about the computer..I am buying myself a laptop!!! I work hard ,suffer a lot..have had a tough year..my mom passed away a few months ago..I have a new attitude..I AM WORTH IT!! Can't wait to get it.
    Mlockwood....So far so good on the Plaq..I am taking 100mg a day and slight stomach issue not bad at all. You are so lucky your MD was on the ball.Mine was too..I have been symtomatic for several years but never had positive blood work til now.
    p.s. I work with an M.Lockwood..lol Margaret Lockwood and she has a sister-in-law with the same name!!
    Hope everyone is having a good week. The weather is not so good here, but I am not getting my usual muscle aches..maybe the Plaq is helping???
    Andrea

Thanks

Default Update on my Plaq

So..I have been on Plaq aprox 4 weeks..I have noticed that my hair is not coming out the way it was.... clumps in the drain!! It was scary..it definitely has slowed down. No other super change, although, I am not in a lot of pain right now, but I can not tell if it's the med or a quiet period for me? Either way..I'll take it!
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi andrea,

so glad to hear that the hair is staying put. it is so frightening when it comes out in lumps. But, it does grow back.

Glad to hear that you have less pain. Did your dr. keep you on 100mg, or have you increased the dosage?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I am taking the 200mgs as originally prescribed...I started out very low dose due to my drug allergies. I am exhausted today..lots of running around,just made baked ziti for my daughters class , baked two pumkin pies for Thursday. Have to work a full day tomorrow because my boss has no mercy, and have to bake apple pies tomorrow night! At least I feel up to it so I won't complain.Stick a fork in me though..I am pooped out.
    Andrea