Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plaq

Thanks

Default Plaq

I just started Plaquenil...4 rheumy's gave me same Rx..I was very hesitant because along with the Lupus I have developed crazy drug sensitivities...I am on a very low dose to start...I have heard such mixed opinions...I guess it's wait and see
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Pandagirl,

How are you? Not seen you for a while.I too have meds sensitivity like you.Also i started Plaquenil about 8 weeks ago on the low dose of 200mg.So far i can tell no difference,but i know it does take quite a while to get into your system.I too worried id react badly to it,but thankfully been ok.Let me know how you go with it.

Lots of love xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i have been on plaquinel for over a year now and have a lot of drug alliergies and it has not bothered me so far. I was just started on methotrexate over a month ago and was scared to take this one but so far okay. Isn't it fun having these dieases. Hope you do well Bonita

Thanks

Thank you ladies...yes Angel I was busy for a while and hadn't been on much. My computer is in my basement and sometimes I am just lazy... and now it is getting chilly here in Jersey..basement has very little heat.Cold = ouch. I started on 50mg..now 100 mg..so far just slight upset stomach on and off. As long as no rash I am happy.. I get hives from EVERYTHING! Several years back I developed 'food allergies'..I kept saying "it's like my immune system is going haywire"..but they only were treating the symptoms ..not the cause. I am sure it was the Lupie beginning...to weird, so many positive skin tests...even to things I CAN eat.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi andrea, i hope you are having a nice weekend. I started on the max dosage of plaquenil at 400 mg per day. I suffered with upset stomach issues for awhile, but they subsided. After 5 months (the time it takes for plaquenil to do "the best that it is going to do"), my rheumy added methotrexate. I was scared to death of both of these drugs, but the fears are worth it, because i get several days each week where i feel pretty good. Once on the meds, your dr. will keep a close watch on all of your bloodwork. I have found that all of my drs. continuously check me to make sure that no organ damage is being done..........Let us all pray for better treatment options.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks Phyllis...encouraging..I go back to the rheumy the beginning of Dec. He said he would do blood work of his own because I brought other blood work to him. He didn't want to stick me again at that time. I hope it gives me some relief from my "oddities"..it's not always pain..rashes/nerve impulses/fatigue/sleep disturbance. I am stressing right now too because my 23 yr old daughter is exhibiting a lot of symptoms and I am pretty sure she has it too. She goes in Jan to my rheumy(like getting in to see the pres.!)I am super worried because I also have an 11 yr old and if it is our female genes??? To watch 2 of them suffer would put me over the edge. One is bad enough. I am trying to be positve for her but it's tough..they say the younger you are the worse it is.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i know what you are saying pandagirl. I strongly suspect that my son suffers with an AI disease. He has similar symptoms, but his tests all come back normal. Knowing what i do, i realize that this means that they just can't make a diagnosis, it does not mean that he does not have an illness. Oh, it is worse waiting when it involves your children.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Unhappy

Phyllis...sorry to hear you possibly shared something as well..lol..wow, how old is your son? How long has he shown symptoms? It is so much less prevalent in males.
    Andrea

Thanks

Smile

Hey Pandagirl,
    Hang in there with the plaq. I think that the combo of plaq, MTX and mega-doses of vitamin D is really helping me. Other than my "down" day after my injection, I'm feeling pretty darn good the rest of the week. Now if the docs could ever do anything about my painful knees and hips, I'd actually be back to normal!
    Girl, you DO NOT look old enough to have a 23 yr. old! Unfortunately, I think that I have also passed along AI issues to my kids. I'm very sure that my mother and aunt both suffered from them, but they were never properly diagnosed. My daughter Kayla (25) has had asthma and GERD since she was in her early teens. She was recently diagnosed with IBS.
    My daughter Hillary (30) has poly-cystic ovarian syndrome and has been told that she might be pre-diabetic. She and Steve are trying so hard for a second child with no luck.
    The oldest girl, Heather (32) just recently told me that her knees are aching and "giving out". Those were my first symptoms when I was in my 30s.
    Meg (23) had asthma during puberty, but seems fine now - I hope she stays that way.
    My son Tom (27) is the only one who hasn't had complaints, but then would any Marine complain about pain? They seem to seek it out!
    I'm convinced that it is something in our genes - the scientists just haven't figured it out yet. Hopefully, they'll have much better treatments by the time our kids reach our age.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi pandagirl, my son is 30, and has been suffering with a lot of pain for the past few years. He also deals with sleep apnea, anxiety disorder, and fatigue. His tests continue to show everything is normal, but i won't be surprised if he is diagnosed at some point. and i agree with marla, you don't look old enough to have a 23 year old child....
    Phyllis

share a smile today