Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 37 need dentures!! embarassing

Thanks

Kathy,

Yes, I do sleep with them. When I had surgery in February of this year, I begged the anaesthetist, that I could keep my dentures in, he said only if they are in tightly, they were, so I did not have to take them out for the surgery.
    At night I brush my teeth and leave the dentures in, in the morning I take them out to brush them inside and out, takes about two minutes and I put them back in.
    Good luck and don't be embarresed.

Debbie

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Kathy,

Yes, I do sleep with them. When I had surgery in February of this year, I begged the anaesthetist, that I could keep my dentures in, he said only if they are in tightly, they were, so I did not have to take them out for the surgery.
    At night I brush my teeth and leave the dentures in, in the morning I take them out to brush them inside and out, takes about two minutes and I put them back in.
    Good luck and don't be embarresed. Thank u sweetie! that helps! hugs kathy

Debbie
    Thank u sweetie! that helps! hugs kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

Red face thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    hi kathy, pain-free ice cream, what is that? I am thinking that dentures may be a blessing in disguise. I agree, get a new hair cut/color, get a sassy color and paint your fingernails (and toenails), and like debbie said "re-invent" yourself....what great advice. My teeth also crumble, i can't eat anything without some pain, and my dentist is talking me about doing some things, but they are all so expensive. And like pandagirl said, it is so important that we keep away any infections. So, lady, go get yourself some pearly whites, and come around and brag to us about the "new you".
    Thanx! Phyliss! I actually have a new cut, so maybe new teeth will make me even hotter! just playing! hugs my friend hope ur well! Kathy

Thanks

Red face I am not as young as you are but I am having the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by KATROACH1972 View Post
    I have horrible teeth for years, but my my dentist told me I have to get dentures due, to the damage of all my medicines, dry mouth etc... I am embarassed about it, but I really need it done! this disease has ravaged every part of me! took my nursing career, and jacked up my entire life! I cant wait til we are all cured!!!!! I have to get 4 rootcanals, so they can put brackets on them for the dentures. 5,000! I have to do it a tiny piece at a time. I have rootcanal today. uck... ok. Sorry about my rant! Hugs kathy
    I am not as young as you but I am looking into partials because I am losing my teeth for the same reasons you are. I understand the embaressment you feel. My Mother who is in her 70's is always asking me if I am losing my teeth and it embarasses me. So I get how you feel.
    Ginlyn

Thanks

Default sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ginlyn View Post
    I am not as young as you but I am looking into partials because I am losing my teeth for the same reasons you are. I understand the embaressment you feel. My Mother who is in her 70's is always asking me if I am losing my teeth and it embarasses me. So I get how you feel.
    Ginlyn
    Sorry u can relate! it does suck! Hugs sweetie Kathy