Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: 37 need dentures!! embarassing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    145
    Thanked 410 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Ok, Kathy,

    For YOU my dear, I will come OUT and tell everybody here, I HAVE UPPER DENTURES. It is 100% better, than having bad teeth, or like me constant toothache. I was in so much pain, I finally gave in and had them all pulled, all 10 of them and had dentures put in. NO MORE PAIN. I will say though, as soon as I can afford it, I will get the high bridge( I think that is what it's called), where they put anchors into the gum bone, so the dentures have a better fit and hold. Another thing, my hudband has never seen me without my teeth, when I take them out to clean, I lock the bathroom door,lol. That is not something I want him to see. And NO, I do not put them in a glass next to my bed. I take them out to brush then and put them right back in.
    I think it will benefit you, to get rid of your bad teeth.

    Debbie

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    No need for embarrassment...embarrassing is being in the dental field and I just went for my check-up and was not there in almost 3 years!!!( I work in a pedo practice) I clean around a little myself at work, but no excuse. I feel like I have been at so many MD appts that the mouth went by the wayside...I now had an inflamed spot that wouldn't go away...it made me go..I guess it was a little wake-up call. Also, I have a friend who had a total mouth reconstruction in her early 30's..it happens. The most important thing is that you stay infection free..pain free...and are able to eat and get nourishment as the end result! Any dental questions...feel free.
    Andrea

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I will join your club. I just had my three of my front teeth replace because the nerve root spontainiously died. by the time I finish my dental work half of my teeth will be either crowned and two missing. I am 35 years old and have always taken care of my teeth. why is this happening? I dont know. as for you do you have sjogrens? I know that causes dental problems.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation true true

    Quote Originally Posted by iseedeadmonkeys View Post
    Ive pretty much got the same problem with my teeth too,

    not very fond of dentists either missing 6 back teeth, but i would love to get dentures ive never been able to sleep with my mouth shut (i kno this sounds stupid) i used to suck my thumb as a kid so got sticky out teeth and ive had endless probs with my teeth just falling out lol, but never mind the age...you go for it u csan get some really nice ones these days and no more pain woohooo

    tc
    ISDM
    xx
    It will be Heaven to eat ice cream cookies without horrid pain! haha simple pleasures i look forward too! lol hugs
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!




    Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

    Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation thank u

    Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Kathy,
    Like so many of us, I've also had very bad teeth. While I was teaching, I took advantage of the school district's great dental program and got most of my teeth replaced with crowns. The only "real" teeth that I have left now are the six lower teeth right in front. I like my crowns, except that the dentist made my top front teeth a bit too buck-toothed for my liking. It is a whole lot better than what I had, though.
    I agree with dsunshine. Get those lovely new teeth, then go out and get a makeover. You will feel and look marvelous, darling!
    Marla
    Thank u hugs! I look forward to it! Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!




    Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

    Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation well taken advice

    Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Ok, Kathy,

    For YOU my dear, I will come OUT and tell everybody here, I HAVE UPPER DENTURES. It is 100% better, than having bad teeth, or like me constant toothache. I was in so much pain, I finally gave in and had them all pulled, all 10 of them and had dentures put in. NO MORE PAIN. I will say though, as soon as I can afford it, I will get the high bridge( I think that is what it's called), where they put anchors into the gum bone, so the dentures have a better fit and hold. Another thing, my hudband has never seen me without my teeth, when I take them out to clean, I lock the bathroom door,lol. That is not something I want him to see. And NO, I do not put them in a glass next to my bed. I take them out to brush then and put them right back in.
    I think it will benefit you, to get rid of your bad teeth.

    Debbie
    Thanks Debbie! I will be excited without pain in mouth! It would be one less pain!lol I also thought about how i will clean them and hide them from others. U can sleep in them? Okay thanks sweetie hugs now if I can afford it! lol
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!




    Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

    Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default again much gratitude!

    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    You never have to apologize for venting and seeking support Kathy. Some things need to be complained about.

    Rob
    Thanks again Rob! Ur always a huge comfort! blessings friend! Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!




    Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

    Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by pandagirl View Post
    No need for embarrassment...embarrassing is being in the dental field and I just went for my check-up and was not there in almost 3 years!!!( I work in a pedo practice) I clean around a little myself at work, but no excuse. I feel like I have been at so many MD appts that the mouth went by the wayside...I now had an inflamed spot that wouldn't go away...it made me go..I guess it was a little wake-up call. Also, I have a friend who had a total mouth reconstruction in her early 30's..it happens. The most important thing is that you stay infection free..pain free...and are able to eat and get nourishment as the end result! Any dental questions...feel free.
    Thank u Andrea, that helps me bunches! I am really worried to get the work done, because the immunesupression meds and prednisone, but more scared if i keep these horrible teeth! hugs Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!




    Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

    Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ricketyrose View Post
    I will join your club. I just had my three of my front teeth replace because the nerve root spontainiously died. by the time I finish my dental work half of my teeth will be either crowned and two missing. I am 35 years old and have always taken care of my teeth. why is this happening? I dont know. as for you do you have sjogrens? I know that causes dental problems.
    Hi ricketyrose, I never been diagnosed with Sjogrens, but have had dry eyes mouth etc... along time. Thanks 4 ur support! hugs kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!




    Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

    Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,115
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 78 Times in 69 Posts

    Default

    hi kathy, pain-free ice cream, what is that? I am thinking that dentures may be a blessing in disguise. I agree, get a new hair cut/color, get a sassy color and paint your fingernails (and toenails), and like debbie said "re-invent" yourself....what great advice. My teeth also crumble, i can't eat anything without some pain, and my dentist is talking me about doing some things, but they are all so expensive. And like pandagirl said, it is so important that we keep away any infections. So, lady, go get yourself some pearly whites, and come around and brag to us about the "new you".
    Phyllis

    share a smile today

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •