Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 37 need dentures!! embarassing

Thanks

Exclamation 37 need dentures!! embarassing

I have horrible teeth for years, but my my dentist told me I have to get dentures due, to the damage of all my medicines, dry mouth etc... I am embarassed about it, but I really need it done! this disease has ravaged every part of me! took my nursing career, and jacked up my entire life! I cant wait til we are all cured!!!!! I have to get 4 rootcanals, so they can put brackets on them for the dentures. 5,000! I have to do it a tiny piece at a time. I have rootcanal today. uck... ok. Sorry about my rant! Hugs kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

My Mother, who was diagnosed with SLE in 1990, has lost all of her teeth, and has dentures. I'm 41, and I don't have dentures but many of my molars have literally crumbled, and I have had implants with new artificial teeth put in permanently. It's a long, painful process (and expensive). I know it sucks, but hang in there Kathy. When it's all done, it is a huge relief, and eating will be so much easier.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Kathy,

Dont be embarrassed,just think how fab they will look n feel.My Mam lost all her teeth aged 28 due to meds and well theres another story i'll tell another time.Also when i had jaw done there was a 18 year old girl who had all hers taken out.She was so excited as she had a new set of dentures waiting for her,sparkley white.I asked how she felt she said so happy the pain has stopped and was happy to have the dentures. But i think id be nervous,its the unknown.But my friend Chris had all her top teeth pulled out and wears a denture.She tells me she can eat better,pain free and i tell you what,you can not tell at all they are dentures.
    I know its a shock,but im thinking of you.Let us know how you get on.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awww Ms. Kathy!
    That does suck but having a mom that is a dental Hygienist and having been a dental asst. in my former life I know how important teeth/mouth wellness/hygiene is and how it can lead to other ailments in the body. I know it is a pain to have to first off pay for all that, adjust to the change in your mouth, not to mention the hours you will be at the dental office. Just try to take it one step at a time. Don't be embarrass...age has nothing to do with it. The meds have done this to you. Now is the time to opt and get the teeth you always wanted...Straight and white if that is the look you want. Now is the time to create a new you starting with your mouth/teeth. Think of it that way. I know it is hard and at this point you are upset about the overall outcome lupus has inflicted on your life...Re-emerge/re-birth and re-direct and do things you always wanted but couldn't because you were a nurse or smile more because you will have new teeth. Prove to Lupus that it doesn't win...You win by re-inventing you! Heck...why not with the new teeth do a great hair color and cut or weave it up or wig it up! Do a new You Kathy and boost your self esteem...turn this negative into a positive NEW FANTASTIC YOU...YOU deserve it
    HUGS Kathy!

Thanks

Exclamation thanx Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    My Mother, who was diagnosed with SLE in 1990, has lost all of her teeth, and has dentures. I'm 41, and I don't have dentures but many of my molars have literally crumbled, and I have had implants with new artificial teeth put in permanently. It's a long, painful process (and expensive). I know it sucks, but hang in there Kathy. When it's all done, it is a huge relief, and eating will be so much easier.

Rob
    Thanks ur words helped alot! Sorry about complaining!lol

Thanks

Exclamation agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver View Post
    Kathy,

Dont be embarrassed,just think how fab they will look n feel.My Mam lost all her teeth aged 28 due to meds and well theres another story i'll tell another time.Also when i had jaw done there was a 18 year old girl who had all hers taken out.She was so excited as she had a new set of dentures waiting for her,sparkley white.I asked how she felt she said so happy the pain has stopped and was happy to have the dentures. But i think id be nervous,its the unknown.But my friend Chris had all her top teeth pulled out and wears a denture.She tells me she can eat better,pain free and i tell you what,you can not tell at all they are dentures.
    I know its a shock,but im thinking of you.Let us know how you get on.xxxxxxxx
    I cant wait to smile!! my teeth are ugly now!but i know ill be happier! who knows maybe why i have had migranes for months!Hugs

Thanks

Talking thank u! sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by dsunshine View Post
    Awww Ms. Kathy!
    That does suck but having a mom that is a dental Hygienist and having been a dental asst. in my former life I know how important teeth/mouth wellness/hygiene is and how it can lead to other ailments in the body. I know it is a pain to have to first off pay for all that, adjust to the change in your mouth, not to mention the hours you will be at the dental office. Just try to take it one step at a time. Don't be embarrass...age has nothing to do with it. The meds have done this to you. Now is the time to opt and get the teeth you always wanted...Straight and white if that is the look you want. Now is the time to create a new you starting with your mouth/teeth. Think of it that way. I know it is hard and at this point you are upset about the overall outcome lupus has inflicted on your life...Re-emerge/re-birth and re-direct and do things you always wanted but couldn't because you were a nurse or smile more because you will have new teeth. Prove to Lupus that it doesn't win...You win by re-inventing you! Heck...why not with the new teeth do a great hair color and cut or weave it up or wig it up! Do a new You Kathy and boost your self esteem...turn this negative into a positive NEW FANTASTIC YOU...YOU deserve it
    HUGS Kathy!
    I havent smiled in years! So, i know not being embarassed to talk to people, or smile will be a big help! Hugs to u all! U all are wonderful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking

Ive pretty much got the same problem with my teeth too,

not very fond of dentists either missing 6 back teeth, but i would love to get dentures ive never been able to sleep with my mouth shut (i kno this sounds stupid) i used to suck my thumb as a kid so got sticky out teeth and ive had endless probs with my teeth just falling out lol, but never mind the age...you go for it u csan get some really nice ones these days and no more pain woohooo

tc
    ISDM
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Wink

Kathy,
    Like so many of us, I've also had very bad teeth. While I was teaching, I took advantage of the school district's great dental program and got most of my teeth replaced with crowns. The only "real" teeth that I have left now are the six lower teeth right in front. I like my crowns, except that the dentist made my top front teeth a bit too buck-toothed for my liking. It is a whole lot better than what I had, though.
    I agree with dsunshine. Get those lovely new teeth, then go out and get a makeover. You will feel and look marvelous, darling!
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KATROACH1972 View Post
    Thanks ur words helped alot! Sorry about complaining!lol
    You never have to apologize for venting and seeking support Kathy. Some things need to be complained about.

Rob