Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vibration sensation in legs/Neuropathy?/Lupus?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I thought it was just me!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I've had neuropathy in my right leg for a long time. It also happens occasionally in the other leg and in my arms. I had a muscle biopsy in Houston over a year ago. I was surprised that they took the muscle sample from my arm, rather than the leg which gives me the most trouble. The docs didn't seem too impressed by the results, so nothing ever came of it. I think that those docs were looking for some specific things, which they didn't find. The problem for me is that they never gave me any real answers about my neuropathy.
    Marla

Thanks

Default Buzzing Sensation

I get the buzzing sensation in the upper prtion of my body mostly up and down my arms but I think mine might be more from my Disc herniaton in my neck I have herniations from c3-c7.
    Ginlyn

Thanks

Oh me too!

It started a few weeks ago. A buzzing like there is something, like a fan, running in the floor beneath me. I ignored it at first, but, now it's happening more and more frequently and noticeably. It's annoying more than anything else.

Thanks

I was having this vibration sensation for about 4-8 months, I don't remember exactly how many but it seemed like a long time. It was mostly my legs, at first from time to time, then all the time. It was getting worse and most of my other symptoms too. I got rid of it, thank god, and I can,t believe it is so simple. When I went to my rheumatologist 3 months ago I told him about this scary vibration sensations, he almost jumped from joy and said that all of his lupus patients report having it and asked if he can touch my muscle to see if it is vibrating in reality. What a jerk! I already wrote in another post about this appointment. Anyway it turned out that I am severly Vitamin D defficient, I am taking Vit D3 for 3 months now(7000 IU a day) and I got rid of most of my "lupus" symptoms, including the vibration sensation, muscle twiches, muscle cramps, headache, tingling in my arms and legs, unexplained muscle and bone pain, shooting nerve pain in my legs and arms, feeling like someone is spilling hot tea over my legs, I have more energy, I sleep better, I don,t wake up to go to the restroom at knight anymore. All the symptoms that i though are because of neuropathy are gone. It was just a vitamin D defficiency.
    Now I have my lreal upus symptoms left only.
    I don't know how to tell this guy politely that his patients have Vit D3 defficiency, that is WHY they are vibrating.
    I hope I could help you and the cause is like mine and not lupus.

Thanks

Unfortunately my vit D levels have been good because of my daily vitamin I take everyday...so this for me is not the answer :/ I am waiting on more specific vit results though..b12,thiamine,vit k and something else....gah.
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Good that you are testing all the other vitamins too.
    Why don't you test the D also just in case? When I did the blood test I was already taking D3 2000 IU daily. I was still very defficient and I had the symptoms. They disappeared with much higher dosage. Dosage is really important.

Thanks

I have the same issue in my arms and legs (sometimes in my left cheek too). I feel like I am going CRAZY sometimes with this.

Thanks

I've been on mega-doses of vitamin D for two months. It has done a lot for giving me more energy, but not a thing for the neuropathy.
    Marla

Thanks

I wonder if the twitching in my eyes is related as well. I have one eye that will twitch, I guess more of a spasm, in the upper eyelid. Its just this intermittent twitch that, after a few hours will drive me crazy. There is no rhyme or reason to it.