Thread: Losing hair need advice!!

Thanks

Default Losing hair need advice!!

I'm 27 yrs old and I'm losing a lot of hair which makes me real sad My rheumotolgist told me some people don't regrow the hair they lose. Is that true?
    Do you guys have any advice for me on how to reduce the hairloss because I don't even want to brush my hair any more.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I know its scarey,but in my experience i had long hair and it all went to an exstent,i did get it cut very short in the end though to help it.It DID grow back.Now i have a couple of bald patches only small but in my head HUGE lol.I am also thinning very quickly,but im lucky n have very thick hair so you can not tell. What ive been doing is,i know it sounds like im a slob,but i now wash it once a week only,as last night i lost a big clump.I condition it allot (leave in conditioner) and this is it for now.If you mention this to your doctor he should be able to help you.Also,speak to your hairdresser.They too can help with treatments.At the end of the day if your hair its gonna go it will,but as scarey as it sounds,short cuts,headbands,hats and many other solutions are out there.Im here to chat if i can help you along the way.My hair first fell out aged 33 i think.I hide behind my hair.I had short hair since last year when i decided to grow it.Look in my photos short styles n long ive had.I must say when it was short was a blessing in disguise...less time on it.....i looked trendy.But i know now with growing my hair,you can have more styles when its longer.But it will grow back quick.Remember its normal to loose 150 hairs a day anyway.Sending you gentle hugs but we all can help you with this one way or another.I know its a shock.....but it may not all fall out....or it will all grow back at some stage if not fast like mine did.Everybody are different.Just know many here will understand you.

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Angel Oliver; 11-03-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Smile

hi i have lost a lot of my hair due to lupus and treatments i had to cut it short it was the only to cover up hairloss i am sorry but this is just part of this disease and its affects try to stay positive .hugs kim l

Thanks

Thank you ladies!! I definetly feel the love. I know unfortunatly this is part of Lupus, I just wish this could have happened when I'm wayyyy older. I am grateful that its just my hair and all my organs are ok. I used to have very healthy hair, the good old days. I just have to adjust to thin hair and hope most of it will eventually grow back.

Has anyone heard of laser hair restoration? If you have, does it work?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi alkmaria.....so sorry you are dealing with the hair loss. Mine does not come out in clumps, but it is thinning very quickly. I have also reduced the times that i wash my hair, and i keep it put up and avoid too much brushing. I have invested in some really cute headbands and hats, trying to have fun instead of crying.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wink

I'm suffering from the hairloss to just now I think. Every time I wash my hair I'm left with a handful of it on the side of the bath and the drain blocks all the time with it. I can't run my fingers through my hair without some coming away.

I don't have patches though so it just seems to be thinning but its still distressing. I know that people lose their hair normally like that but how much is considered normal? It does my head in not being able to decide if something is lupus related or not!

I no longer brush my hair after washing it, I just let it all dry on its own and then (unless I'm going out somewhere fancy) just go with whatever crazy style it dries in.

Keep smiling, I think that's all any of us can do!
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

I've ALWAYS been told the lost hair comes back. It may come back different but does come back. I lost a lot of my hair and now I'm wearing lace wigs...but I feel so silly cause I just know...its fake...and I'm just 19...
    Last edited by ElyMiller000; 12-02-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.