Thread: ILD(Interstitial Lung Disease) and Lupus?

Thanks

Question ILD(Interstitial Lung Disease) and Lupus?

Hi all. I recently had a PFT test come back abnormal so my dr has ordered a CT scan to check into why. When I went to get the scan done I noticed she put evaluation for ILD on there and where I thought I knew what it stood for I wasn't sure exactly what it was about. After researching I found its called Interstital Lung Disease and can occur with and without lupus. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what happened? My tests were done mainly due to shortness of breath especially when exercising and sometimes when eating. If anyone has any info please let me know! Thanks. -Brittanee
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Hi Britt,

Sorry, I have just found your post. I have never heard of ILD, but I sure have the same symptoms, shortness of breath, with very little exertion. It is worse now, because I have a cold, with lots of coughing.
    I am a smoker and off course it gets blamed on that. I have read, that alot of lupies have lung problems, even the non- smokers.

Debbie

Thanks

They're just looking to rule out ILD.. but it is something that should be able to be seen on a CT if it's there. It can be lupus-related and that's probably why they want to look into it for you as soon as they can. Have they gotten back to you yet regarding the results? It sounds like you have a lot going on right now, I hope you get some guidance soon and start feeling better.
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks

Haven't heard of it, but I too told my doc recently about the shortness of breath and he sent me to a cardiologist.Cardio did EKG which was norm..now wants an echo stress, which they just rescheduled on me..I am so fed up with doc's i told them sched me in January!! I just want a doc free Christmas. I am not getting myself upset and crazy over it either...it doesn't help anything..and a few more weeks makes no difference. I know I have a few pounds to lose and need exercise to keep things moving...and the lungs going strong...ahhh.... if I could just apply that and DO IT!! lolol
    Andrea