Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little stressed right now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default A little stressed right now.

Things are a little crazy right now. There's a lot going on with my personal life and I am working hard to make sure it doesn't send me into a flare. My psoriasis is horrible right now. It's disgusting looking and I wish it weren't in such a visible place (it's worse on my eye lids). I know it's all stress and I am working to control it but arrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!! It's beginning to get to me. Today one of my best friends moved back to Utica. Thursday my mom and step dad are moving from NY to FL. Last weekend my dad told me he moved out of the house a week before that and is seperating from my step mom and there is a whole boatload of stress with him and my youngest siblings that adds to the current situation. Work is a precarious situation at best at the moment and although my medical bill pile grows larger by the month, my wallet does not. Add to that, I have a wedding to go to next weekend and had to get a new dress b/c all my formal dress clothes are too big/out of season and the fact that I will need to pay rent Sunday and will be praying I don't have any financial emergencies until I get paid again next Friday and it all just makes me want to . Sorry to vent but I just needed to get it out and I know you all can understand exactly how stressful stress can be when you worry about it making you sick.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Smile

sorry sandy that you are having so much worry and stress and financial problems i hope things will get better for you soon family can be a real stress raiser at times. i know how money can get you down it seems we barely survive from week to week try and rest and relax a bit you are right you having a flare up is going to make things worse you need to think about you first try and have a good weekend and happy halloween hugs kim l

Thanks

Oh Sandy.....you're not under a LITLLE stress, you've got some major life changes going on around you. And that darn stress will cause you to suffer horribly if you can't keep it under control (like you have any control over that!). Keep repeating positive affirmations to get you through the next week and take time to pamper yourself with a nice bath, candles and some hot tea (or margarita's--your choice). Finally, allow yourself to mourn your mom and stepdad's move and your father's divorce. Neither of those things are easy (my parents moved 600 miles away when I was pregnant with my third child and I was heartbroken).

My daughter has gotten eczema on her eyelids before-right in the crease. We finally found a med to control that and she hasn't had a problem since.

I'm sending good financial vibes to you...............and everyone else at WHL.

Thanks

Hi Sandy,

I hope all the problems around you will disappear, so that you can focus on yourself.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Sandy,

im sorry to read what you are going through.Just take one day at a time,i do.When you have allot going on at the same time,it can be so overwhelming.Try not to think of tomorrow just deal with one day at a time. If you have cream for your skin,that should slowly help you heal,but try not to worry what it looks like.We always think it looks worse than it is,people do understand and you are such a lovely person,people will love you anyway. Im sorry about all your problems ,money,family,seems so much to deal with.But you WILL get through this.Keep talking things through,dont try to solve all the problems all at the same time and make sure each day you do something nice just for you.All this will pass and you will cope and we all will be here for you.
    Im thinking of you.
    Lots of love Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Sandy,
    I am sorry you are entering through this rough patch,... it will get easier and smoother.. I promise. Just as most rough times do! Pamper yourself and take care of YOU as much as you possibly can.. you deserve it. It is virtually impossible to ward off all stress - with our lupus or not, so I guess we just have to manage ways of dealing with it. Good luck to you hun... let us know how you're feeling in the next few weeks ... Smile.. we're always here

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement. I love all of you - our WHL family is the best. I appreciate all the kind words and advice. I am definately working in PT for myself and I am glad I am able to talk to you all to get some frustrations out. I do have 2 creams for my eyes, but one is a steriod that I can only take a couple of times a week, and the other is more of a moisturizing barrier for my skin. Angel - you're right, I know it looks worse to me then to everyone else, but still, I know what it SHOULD look like and it just looks so ewwww to me right now.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes Sandy i understand,but keep applying it and know it will get better and i think you are so very pretty no skin condition can ever change that my friend.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Vent all you want, thats what we're here for.
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sandy, hang in there. It's extremely difficult for you right now and you are indeed under an enormous amount of stress. Vent girl, vent.