Thread: Flu Shots

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Flu Shots

I was wondering if others of you have had difficulty getting the regular flu shot. I was turned away from at least 7 different places before I got the last shot at a Walgreen's Drug Store. The day I got the shot they only had serum enough for 20 shots that day and did not even know when they would get more serum in. I was told that they might not even get any more period.

It seems like the distribution of the serum is haphazard at best and that the whole distribution system is not well thoughtout or well organized.

As most of you know, we, with lupus, are in a high risk group, because our immune systems are compromised and we truly need our flu shots. It seems that others, who are not high risk, are obtaining these shots before high risk classes of individuals.

I hope, for the sake of those that are receiving the H1N1 vaccine, that those who truly need the vaccine and are high risk, will be the ones actually receiving it first. I realize there is an acute shortage of this vaccine, but I really don't understand why there is such a shortage of the regular flu vaccine. Please respond to my inquiry if you have knowledge in this area and have an idea of what is going on with these flu shots. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i didn't have any problems getting the flu shot.
    i actually got the regular seasonal flu shot and i also got the 2009 H1N1 vaccine as well.
    i was put on the high priority list, so i got it before basically anyone else in pittsburgh.

I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My husband and i were put on alist because the doc ran out of it 2 times and today we both had one. He said he would not give us the one for swine flu. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've had both shots now. I had the regular flu shot a couple of weeks ago. I got the H1N1 yesterday. I was lucky they only had 60 shots. I got both of them at minute clinic at CVS. I look at their site. It tells where they are available. Here's the link.

http://www.minuteclinic.com
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i have not gotten either vacine. I can't get the live vaccine (spray/mist), because i am on the methotrexate. I did not know that the h1n1 was out in the shot form....the only thing i have seen around here is the nasal mist.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I got both shots Flu and H1N1 but it helps because I work at a hospital in the Infection control department.

The seasonal flu shot didn't get as much priority because H1N1 took over with production. But we just got another shipment in at our hospital so I would assume others should be getting more too.

Don't forget to check with your local health departments to see if they have seasonal vaccine available if you are having trouble thorugh the local pharmacies and your MD"s
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the doctors office called on Friday and my husband and i went to get our flu shots. Last week we tended our two youngest grandchildren. Vinnie who is 6 had pnemonia and the reg flu and then a couple days later Delaney who will be 3 in Dec. came down with the flu also and now my husband is afraid that we will get it ia am not worried at all but he is a constant worrier. Bonita

Thanks

My doctor at Childrens said a few weeks ago that everything with the swine flu vaccine is a mess and that all the flu shots are getting sent out the way the had originally thought. I've had the seasonal and the H1N1 vaccine through my doctors office