Thread: diuretics

Thanks

Smile diuretics

can you take diuretics for fluid reduction with mexotrexate and plaquenil , and prednisone, and folic acid, or is there serious side affects i just cannot seem to shift fluid i have reduced prednisone to 5mg but that is still not helping i am trying to lose weight but am finding it difficult because of fluid i have followed my weight watchers diet and have not made any mistakes but still weight loss is zero this week have only loss 2.9 kilos in 3 weeks last week only 0.1 it is becoming frustrating thankyou any help would be appreciated and has anyone else had this problem kim l

Thanks

Kim - have you had your kidney function checked lately? Fluid retention is an early sign. Either way chekc with rhumy before trying a diuretic because you don't want more strain on your kidney - better to buy a size up!
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi kim, i agree with karenboss. All of my drs. are very cautious about me taking any more medication. All of the meds that we are on are very serious, and we must be careful when adding new medications. It is worth a call to your drs'. office.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was just started on methotrexate 5 weeks ago and i take triamtriene and 3 folic acid a day plus plaquinel and prednison and a maintance dose of and antibiotic and a multi vitamin and my doctor has not told me to stop any but they reccomend lots of fluid. Bonita