Thread: I'm sad

Thanks

Default I'm sad

So the reality of Lupus continues to sink in my head and makes me very angry. I just cannot figure out why me? Nobody understands how hard of a reality this is for me. I started showing symptoms 2 months after our second baby was born. Could it have been the hormones or the stress of caring for 2 small children? I am at a loss of how! What could I have done different? Now I have to consider that my kids have the possibility of getting this? Why! Thx for listening..

J

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jennyjo, No, you did not do anything wrong. It is common for lupus to start raising its horrid head during childbearing years for women. This is when mine started, but then i enjoyed many years of mostly no symptoms. I was able to raise my children. Then, 2 years ago, my 31 year old daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had the most aggressive type, she was stage 3, her tumor was 7.8 centimeters, and 7 0f 15 lymph nodes were involved. Her children were ages 2 and 3 at the time(see my family photos). My oldest daughter and I teamed up with Amber, and we gave everything that we had. I moved close to her and just did what a mother does. Thank every power that there is, my Amber won her battle. Very shortly after we got the wonderful "cancer free" news that all moms pray to hear, my lupus jumped up and just snatched my life away from me again. My dr. (as i do), believe that it was the stress of fighting the cancer that caused the attack on my entire body. But, i would not have done anything differently, I will always give everything to my children, and i cherish every moment with them, even when i am in a flare. My point is, to convey to you, that yes, this is a devastating diagnosis, but we must protect ourselves......do not let this enemy take away any more of our life. You must find a way to put it into its place, because that is the only way that you will be able to enjoy these precious years with your children. Remember, i completely raised mine, and i am still kicking at the age of 56 (or is it 57)................rediscover laughter, my friend.....don't let lupus take it away from you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I pray that your children will not get any of these dieases. When i was diagnosised no one in my mom or my dads family has any of these i do not know where it came from so hang in there it is rough at times but God will see you through. Love Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You didn't cause Lupus - this commonly strikes women in their childbearing years. I believe mine was triggered by my first pregnancy. Keep your head up babe.
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/