Thread: New to Batone Rouge/Prairieville area/looking for support group

Thanks

Default New to Batone Rouge/Prairieville area/looking for support group

Hi I am new to the area. Just moved here from Mississippi.
    I have been in a lot of pain with the stress of moving/ and divorce.
    I need a support group/ some people who understand and can relate to what I'm going through.
    I am also looking for resources / and into filing for disability.
    Any friendship / assistance / help is going to be much appreciated and will be a total blessing to me.

Thanks,
    Becca

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Becca!

I am Sandy & I live in NY. I've never been to Mississippi, closest thing was St. Louis, but I would love to go there one day. Where did you live before Mississippi? I am sorry to hear that things are so stressful right now and that you are going through an emotional whirlwind. I can't offer you much of the advice you are looking for, but I can point you to the main page of this board where there is a financial advice section and I can offer you a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on.

I'm sure there will be others on here soon to say hi and who can offer you better advice soon, but in the meantime, let me be the first to say, WELCOME!

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi becca, welcome to our world-wide family. I live in Atlanta, but have roots in louisiana and mississippi. I love the baton rouge area, what a beautiful city. I am so sorry to hear about your stressful divorce, that is such a difficult time in one's life. I hope you are doing better now. There is a section here about disability, and i know others will be able to help you go through this process. So sorry to hear about your pain, i hope it is better today. Stay in touch with us, we all love the many friendships that we have made here.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Becca
    Sorry to hear about the things happening in your life as well as the pain you are in. Glad you have joined the site...WELCOME!
    You came to the right place to find understanding, support, and people that can relate to your condition.
    I hope things calm down and get better for you...sooner rather than later!